Chapter 19

~The Raid~

"They're looking good out there," Caspian compliments.

"Thank you," I say with a smile. "Most have them have somewhat of experience with swords so it's not too difficult."

"They have an amazing teacher,"

"Thanks, Caspian."

"You're welcome."

"Do you mind if I ask you a question?

"Not not at all"

"Do you think that one day I will be a great ruler as you were?" he asks shyly.

"Of course, even though I haven't known you long, I believe that Narnia will be in good hands,"

"You think so?"

"I know so," I say then smirk. "I think Susan would agree with me," I say teasing him.

"Really?"

"Mhm. I see the way you look at each other," I say.

"We do not look at each other in that way," he lies.

"Sure whatever you say," I mock and walk away to training.

"What about you and Edmund?"

"Nope, not talking about that." I joke and keep walking as I hear Caspian laughter fill the corridor.

***

I toss and turn in my bed trying to fall asleep but failing miserably.

At this point, I might as well stay up.

I get out of bed and sneak out of the entrance of the How and climb up a little so that I can get to the edge and see the clear skies. As I am climbing I see an outline of a figure already there and I let out a little scream.

"Why are you screaming?" Edmund asks me.

"You scared me, I didn't know that you would already be out here."

"Well here I am," Ed says sarcastically. "Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep," I answer, and Ednumd motions for me to sit down by him.

"Nervous about tomorrow night?" he asks.

"A little, but... never mind."

"What?"

"You'll think it's stupid."

"Astrea look at me," I look at him. "If you are seriously worried about something I would never make fun of you for that. I want to make sure that you can come to me about anything. Is that clear?"

I nod my head.

"Now what it is about tomorrow?"

"I just have this bad feeling in my chest. I know we've trained them but I feel like something terrible might happen or." My voice cracks and tears pool into my eyes. "One of you guys dying," I say talking about him and his siblings.

"You guys are my only family and I don't know what I'd do if I were to lose any of you. Tomorrow is the most dangerous thing we've ever done and," I start hyperventilating as more tears stream down my face.

Edmund doesn't say a word and wraps me into his arms as I cry.

"Shh, it's going to be alright," he comforts me.

We pull apart for a second and he wipes the tears off of my face.

"You have a brilliant plan. You said it yourself as long as everyone sticks to it we'll all be fine. Let's say something does go sideways, Peter will call it off," Edmund says softly.