Chapter 33

~Flirting with a Star?~

After seeing My boyfriend get taken away from me by a dragon, being distraught was an understatement.

Luckily when me and Caspian went back to the shore to tell Lucy what happened, the dragon was already there and I took out my sword to hurt it.

"Astrea, calm down. It's Eustace," Edmund explains coming from behind the dragon.

I drop my sword and give Edmund a hug and a kiss.

"I'm okay, love. I'm okay." Edmund whispers as he dries a few tears.

After a few seconds, I pull away from him and Emdund holds my waist.

"Why is Eustace a dragon?" I ask after calming myself down.

"He must have been tempted by the treasure in the valley," Edmund answers

"Anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted," Caspian says like it's obvious and Eusatce snarls at the comment

"Well, anyone from here." Caspian corrected.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Lucy asked Caspian.

"Not that I know of." Caspian answers.

Eustace lets out what I think is a groan and shakes his head.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased," Edmund comments and I snicker a little.

Edmund shoots me a look and I stop.

"Sorry about the hand, old boy. I can be a little overzealous at times." Reepicheep apologizes to Eustace as he is walking towards us.

I noticed that there was a gold bracelet stuck on his wrist and walked over to take it off. Eustace gives me a nod as a thank you.

"The boats are ready, your majesties" Drinian announces his presence.

"We can't leave him alone," I say to him

"We can't bring him on board, Your Majesty." Drinian points out.

"Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning... and work out what to do." Caspian commands the captain.

"But you've no provisions, and no means... of staying warm, Your Majesty," Rhince says concerned.

Eustace pokes up his head and shoots out a breath of fire at the log we were standing around.

"You were saying?" I joke.

***

We set up camp and everyone was winding down and getting ready for bed. I was still wide awake and since I couldn't sleep, I did what I normally do.

Count the stars

"What are you doing?" I hear Edmund whisper to me.

"Nothing," I say.

"Are you counting the stars again because I can hear you," Edmund teases.

"Nooo," I say drawing out the vowel.

"Come here." I moved over to where she was on his blanket and cuddled up next to him.

"I've never seen these constellations before," Edmund says.

"Me neither."

A moment of silence passes.

"I always feel the constellations here are better than the ones at home," I say.

Edmund turns over and looks at me and smiles.

"What?"

"Nothing, this just reminds me of our first late-night talks."

"The one where you gave me the stupid nickname,."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Stars. What stupid nickname?" Edmund chuckles.

"Shut it." I say fighting a smile.

***

"Everyone wake up! Wake up!" I hear someone scream