1-3

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 1_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     The wind howled, and yellow sand filled the sky.

The young man couldn't remember how many times he had gotten up from the ground.

The severe dehydration made him dizzy. His knees and palms were badly mangled, and the hot sand rubbed the soles of his feet with large bloody blisters. The endless sand dunes in front of him were rolling with torrential heat waves. Further away on the horizon, a storm was rising and sweeping toward the center of the desert at a speed visible to the naked eye.

"Master …" The young man staggered forward and let out a hoarse cry.

"Wait for me, wait for me … Master!"

With a muffled thud, the young man fell to the ground again. The sharp pain almost made him lose consciousness.

After an unknown period of time, the wind became stronger and stronger. A figure finally came from the front and stopped in front of him.

"… Master …" The young man tried his best to make a humble plea, "Don't leave me, I beg you, Master …"

The figure was against the light, and his face couldn't be seen clearly. He vaguely saw a thin and tall figure wrapped in a coarse white linen cloak. After a while, he finally spoke.

"Who is your master?"

— — The voice was still very young, with a hint of familiarity, indifference, and carelessness.

The young man shook his head in despair and let out a painful gasp like a young wolf forced into a desperate situation. He struggled for the last time to reach out to the figure.

However, in the next moment, his blood-stained hand was stepped on to the ground. The sharp pain struck like lightning, and the young man screamed. Then, the person opposite him pulled out his sword. With a clang, the sword was inserted into the sand close to the young man's face.

"Ah!"

The young man's painful cry stopped abruptly. Immediately, the person bent down, and the light finally outlined a beautiful woman's face, handsome and impeccable.

The young man said hoarsely, "Master …"

The person raised his index finger and interrupted him with a simple gesture of silence. Then, he rotated the sword inch by inch until the cold sword reflected the young man's embarrassed face mixed with blood and tears.

"The people of Jin said that the Fighting Bull Constellation often has purple gas, which is the meaning of two swords. One is Tai Ah, the other is Long Yuan …"

The person pulled out his sword from the sand and pointed at the young man under his foot. Under the scorching sun, the corner of his mouth curved into a mocking smile.

"Today, the one who will kill you here is Long Yuan."

The young man's pupils suddenly constricted. In the next moment, he saw the tip of the sword piercing through the air. The murderous aura that penetrated into his bones reached his face. He couldn't help but cry out involuntarily, "Ah —"