111-112 (end)

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 111_NovelHi

novelhi.com

The third year of Longshuo, Mobei. " Novel "Le Wen"

7th of July.

With a bang, the door was knocked open by the howling wind. Shan Chao dragged a sack of things into the house. He was not careful and the edge of the sack squeezed against the door frame, making a few cracking sounds.

The door frame made of mud and wooden planks was squeezed out of shape.

Shan Chao: "…"

The half-grown lad was stunned for a long time. He dragged the sack into the kitchen and tried to close the door, but it could not be closed. Helpless, he could only pick up two stones to block the door. With a face full of sand and dust, he smugly returned to the stove.

The contents of the sack were as follows: oil, salt, beans, spices, rice, two fat wild rabbits, a precious apple that was exchanged at a market, and a few small pink flowers that still had dirt on them.

Shan Chao wiped the flowers clean and placed them in a bowl. He washed the apple and deeply inhaled the fragrance of the fruit. He devoutly placed it on the table. Then, he rolled up his sleeves and cooked the rabbit. An hour later, the small mud house was filled with the rich aroma of meat.

In the evening, Xie Yun came back from hunting. She tied the horse to the backyard and let it graze. Then, she pushed the door open.

Creak — Bang!

The door fell to the ground, sending up a cloud of dust that was half the height of a person.

Xie Yun's eyebrows and the corners of her mouth twitched slightly. After a while, she looked up and saw her young and vigorous disciple sitting in the room. She rubbed her hands uneasily and said, "I'll … I'll fix it right away."

Xie Yun's gaze fell on the table. She was surprised to find that there was a plate of braised rabbit meat, a plate of peeled and cut apples, and two bowls of bean porridge with dry biscuits. Dinner was actually ready.

"… You did it?"

"Yes, yes." Shan Chao pushed the plate of apples in front of Xie Yun. "Master, eat."

Xie Yun was speechless for a moment and went to eat. The young man's stomach was like a bottomless pit. The pile of meat was gone in the blink of an eye. Xie Yun slowly put down her chopsticks. Shan Chao got up and went to the backyard to find some tools. With the last ray of the setting sun, he squatted in front of the door and started fixing the door.

Xie Yun picked up the fruit and walked over. She picked up a piece and fed it to him. "Yes."

Shan Chao shook his head and avoided it. "I've already eaten."

"…?"

"I've really eaten."

Shan Chao sharpened the wooden wedge and raised the door. Just as he was about to carefully align the door with his eyes, his chin was suddenly forcefully pulled over. Then, a piece of sweet and juicy fruit was forcefully stuffed into his mouth.