59-63

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 59_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Seven Virtues Dragon Tao opens the jade tent, a thousand miles of bamboo drum stacks gold.

Yin Mountain is covered in fog, Jiao River is illuminated by the lone moon.

Eight years later.

Western Regions, Jiao River.

The military tents were stationed along the Red Stone Mountain Range. Countless warhorses were strolling along the Sand River, drinking water. It was the end of the drill at dusk. The soldiers in the camp came and went in an orderly manner. The dust raised by their footsteps reflected a misty golden light under the afterglow.

The sheepskin blanket was lifted, and an extremely tall man strode out of the tent while inserting a short dagger into his back.

He didn't wear armor like an ordinary soldier. Instead, he only wore a thin undershirt, revealing his valiant back and long legs as he walked. He casually held a long sword in his hand. The scabbard was wrapped in rags, revealing only a circle of yellow shark skin on the handle because it hadn't been cleaned for many years.

The soldiers returning to camp stopped and saluted him.

The man didn't say a word. He nodded and walked towards the main tent.

Commander's tent.

The servants removed the remnants of the table and brought out a table of food and wine. At the guest table, a fat old man dressed in gold and silver clapped his hands and smiled, "Is this the famous' Jade Crisp Mountain 'of the Celestial Dynasty? Lord Xiao, you don't have to go through so much trouble. I'm just … "

"Your Highness is too polite." Xiao Siye stroked his beard and smiled, "Your Highness led the Yutian Army to defeat Tufan and decided to bring the princess to court to submit to the Tang Empire. These are achievements that will last for thousands of years. Why be polite to me?"

The Yutian King and the veiled princess looked at each other and smiled, "Please, please!"

After three rounds of wine, the Yutian King put down his wooden chopsticks and sighed deeply.

"Unfortunately, although we defeated Tufan temporarily, it's not a long-term plan. Over the years, the Four Garrisons of Anxi have changed hands several times. Countless Tufan spies have been mixed in the Jiao River area. They look no different from the local people and have long been indistinguishable … "

"Your Highness, are you afraid of being attacked on the way to court?" Xiao Siye asked.

The Yutian King calmly said, "I'm not afraid to be laughed at by Lord Xiao. In the Battle of Red Stone Mountain, our country's elites were almost completely wiped out. Fortunately, the Celestial Dynasty sent cavalry to save us. Now, we are short of soldiers. If we want to ensure the safety of the prince on the way to Chang An, we have to bring at least half of the country's army, but this way … "

Xiao Siye couldn't help but laugh, "Your Highness, are you afraid that the military strength in the country will be empty and Tubo will take advantage of the situation to invade again?"