76-80

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 76_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     The Crown Prince came to mourn.

Since Xie Yun returned to the capital ten years ago, the Crown Prince had never passed by the gates of the Imperial Guard Commander's Office. Today, he came uninvited for the first time, shocking everyone in the Xie Estate.

Ma Xin personally opened the mourning hall's doors. The Crown Prince was dressed in plain clothes. His face was ashen, and his head was wrapped in bandages. His body was wrapped in many external wounds. He was supported by his trusted eunuch as he staggered over the threshold.

Xie Yun watched him walk into the mourning hall. The expression in her eyes could only be described as astonishment. Immediately after, the Crown Prince stood in front of the coffin. He shakily picked up a stick of incense and personally bowed.

Shan Chao, "…"

Even though Shan Chao already understood the Crown Prince's weak and kind-hearted nature, seeing this scene with his own eyes was still very shocking. So much so that he couldn't recover for a moment.

Immediately after, before he could do anything, he saw Xie Yun raise her hand with her palm facing up. An invisible force instantly and steadily supported the Crown Prince's bent knee.

"This humble prince came to mourn the deceased. Commander Xie, why are you being so impolite?"

The Crown Prince's face was slightly red. He gritted his teeth and asked in a somewhat mournful tone. Xie Yun raised his palm horizontally, and the Crown Prince could not help but stand straight. He only heard Xie Yun indifferently say, "Miaorong went crazy in the forbidden palace, causing Your Highness to nearly lose your life, naturally she feels very guilty. However, now that the deceased has passed away, Your Highness should save this bow. Otherwise, she won't be able to rest in peace in the underworld. "

The Crown Prince emotionally said, "Since the deceased has passed away, no matter how big of a mistake she made when she was alive, it doesn't matter. This humble prince will use this bow to express the grief in my heart. Why not?!"

Xie Yun's brows slightly furrowed as she looked Li Hong up and down.

In fact, not only Xie Yun, but even Shan Chao was a bit suspicious. What kind of madness had the Crown Prince gone crazy today?

"Your Highness is kind-hearted and came to pay respects to Miss Yang. Presumably, the deceased would be gratified in the underworld. However, after all, their statuses are different. Burning incense is enough. I think … "

Before Shan Chao could finish his words, the Crown Prince interrupted him, "Brother Shan!"

The mourning hall was in a deadlock. After a while, Xie Yun coldly said, "Your Highness has graced the Xie Estate with your presence today. Could it be that you're here to cause trouble?"

If it was any other time, the Crown Prince would inevitably show some fear when facing Commander Xie.

However, for some reason, the Crown Prince did not show any signs of weakness today. He immediately turned around and glared at Xie Yun, "I came here to pay my respects sincerely, but Commander Xie kept making things difficult for me. Is this the duty of a subject?"