13-15

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 13_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     In the Casting Sword Village.

The lightning had destroyed the entire back hall. The fire had been put out by the heavy rain, but the air was still filled with a pungent smell.

Everyone stood in the corridor, dumbfounded. The cries of the servants in the villa could be heard from all directions.

"The entire back hall collapsed. Many of the servants in the villa were the children of the servants. Their entire families were inside …"

The steward of the villa stood in front of Chen Haiping, trembling. He burst into tears and said, "The old lady is resting in the back hall. I was going to ask a doctor to treat her after the rain stopped. I didn't expect … I didn't expect …"

Chen Haiping walked to the ruins like he was sleepwalking. The charred beams and supports were all over the ground. The bricks, furniture, and kang had all been shattered by the lightning. The ground was covered with debris.

The lightning must have been very fierce. Even the smell of blood had evaporated. The charred bodies were buried deep in the ruins.

— — Unexpectedly, the old and young of the Fu family had all died in one day. Not even a complete corpse was left behind.

"How can there be such a coincidence? Could it be retribution …?" Someone whispered behind him.

"That baby's body. It's said that their young madam had a difficult birth …"

"Struck by lightning, vengeful spirits demanding lives. The Sword Forging Village has done a lot of immoral things …"

"Shut up!" Zhou Yu turned around and scolded them, "How can you talk about supernatural things? Which sect is so unruly?!"

The young disciples didn't dare to say anything, but they still looked at each other unwillingly. The meaning of their unspoken words was clear.

After the lightning struck the villa, Jing Ling immediately ordered the Shengui Sect to search for Fu Wenjie at the bottom of the cliff. He also ordered everyone to go back under the pretext of escorting them, but in reality they were forced to go back. Chen Haiping wanted to go down to find his cousin, but he was also afraid that the old lady in the villa would have an accident. He had no choice but to go back to the villa in a hurry. He didn't expect that they would encounter such terrible news as soon as they entered the villa.

He stood in front of the ruins, gasping for breath. Suddenly, someone pushed him from the side and said, "Move."

"… Miss Long?"

Xie Yun stepped onto the pile of charred wood and bent down to search. Suddenly, she picked up a few bricks and asked, "Are these your floor tiles?"

"What?"

Xie Yun frowned and said, "I'm asking you a question. Are these your floor tiles?"

There was still half a lotus pattern on the broken brick. Chen Haiping said in surprise, "It, it was laid on the floor of the inner hall of the villa. This …"