101-105

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 101_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Under the watchful eyes of the crowd, Xie Yun did not say a word and stepped forward to stand beside Empress Wu.

Queen Wu asked, "Do you see that?"

Xie Yun did not follow her finger to look at the battle formation on the plains. She only asked, "Does the Empress want to use me as a threat?"

"You think too much." Queen Wu sneered, "You have been in the Forbidden Palace for many years. Your old subordinates in Beiya are still there. Everyone is watching. If you are used as a shield, it will be useless. Won't it be like a fox grieves for a rabbit's death? "

"Why did the Empress call me here?"

Empress Wu cast her gaze towards Xie Yun, and after a long while, she let out a long laugh. "The disciple that you personally brought up has traveled thousands of miles to ruin my Great Tang's flourishing country. How can I not let you personally watch as his head is separated from his body and his bones are crushed?!"

"Send out the cavalry and prepare the crossbows!" Queen Wu let out a terrifying roar, "Kill them all outside the city gate!"

The bugle horn sounded. The cavalry on the left and right of the Emperor's Army stirred up a storm of dust.

Under the city gate in the distance, the vanguard of the Valiant Cavalry Battalion pushed out a row of thousand-stone crossbows. Burning barrels of kerosene were thrown at the Emperor's Army!

Dan Chao withdrew his gaze from the city gate tower. His face was as calm and expressionless as water. He blocked all of Li Jingye's hesitant questions and coldly said, "Chang 'an is surrounded by eight rivers. It is easy to defend and hard to attack. Under the condition that there are sufficient provisions in the city, it is not difficult to defend the city for more than a month. However, the morale of the southern army will be exhausted. Therefore, we must win today. Otherwise, we will not be able to calm the hearts of the people. Men, prepare the siege crossbows! "

Li Jingye whispered, "The General's family is in the city. What if the Wu family is ruthless …"

Usually, people would not say this before the battle. However, Li Jingye knew that it was a fact. He just wanted to calm them down. Who would have thought that Shan Chao would remain unmoved, but a cold smile slowly appeared on his face.

Ever since he had witnessed the miracle of Luoyang, Duke Ying had felt an indescribable fear and dread toward Shan Chao. At this moment, he stared at the imperceptible smile lines and inexplicably smelled a strong bloodthirsty aura.

Shan Chao did not answer him. He suddenly whipped his horse.

"Go!"

The cavalrymen responded emotionally and followed him into the rain of fire that was smashing down from above!

"Heavenly Empress, please leave!"

The Imperial Bodyguards swarmed forward and pushed Queen Wu back. Arrows rained down from the city gate tower onto the battlefield. Yuwen Hu strode forward and pulled the bowstring. The specially made arrow with carved plumes and steel ridges drew sparks in the air, whistling as it pierced toward the front of the formation!