23-26

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 23_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Jialan Shi snorted softly. She raised her hand to touch the black hair on the side of her neck and walked up the waterside pavilion.

"You said that you are on duty in shifts, but you are touring the lake in the middle of the night. Commander Xie really has a lot of free time." Jialan Shi looked at the surface of the lake and then looked at Xie Yun. "Eh? Since you are injured, why don't you go back to your residence to be served by beautiful servants? Why are you sighing alone by the lake? "

Because she was too close, Xie Yun took half a step back. "Thank you for your concern, Madam Wei. I was just about to go back."

He turned around and walked out of the waterside pavilion. Then, he heard a shout behind him. "Wait!"

Xie Yun paused. Jialan Shi said coldly, "Are you also so arrogant in front of the Empress?"

Xie Yun said, "No."

"Then why are you so harsh in front of others?"

"… …" Xie Yun said slowly, "Because … … you are not the Empress."

Only Jialan Shi knew how powerful this simple sentence was. Her face turned pale and she held her breath. After a while, she couldn't control her anger and said, "Don't look down on others, Xie Yun! Do you know that the Emperor has already promised to help me ascend to the position of Empress? How long do you think you can rely on my good second aunt to strut around?! "

Xie Yun laughed.

"What are you laughing at?!"

"… … Nothing, I was just thinking about the past." Xie Yun turned around and looked at Jialan Shi with a smile. "The late Emperor was sick and wanted to take care of his children. The Emperor promised to make Wang Shi his Empress. When King Liang was appointed as the Crown Prince, the Emperor was overjoyed and promised to hand over the empire to King Liang a hundred years later. Consort Xiao Shu was the most favored in the harem and no one could challenge her. The Emperor promised to ensure her family's prosperity and wealth for generations to come … …"

"Now, King Liang has been sentenced to death in Qian Province and the deposed Consort Xiao is buried somewhere. The grass on the walls of the Consort's family is taller than the grave." Xie Yun mocked, "Therefore, the Madam should just listen to the Emperor's promise."

Madam Wei's face turned pale, and she stood there stiffly.

"It's late at night and the dew is heavy. Madam, please return early." Xie Yun clasped her hands and said with a smile, "This official will take her leave."

He turned around, but before he could walk out of the pavilion, Jialan Shi suddenly spoke from behind him, "So this is the reason why you are so loyal to the empress? Do you think the Empress' promise is useful? "

Xie Yun turned a deaf ear to her words. Jialan Shi laughed coldly, "Let me tell you, if a person with the nature of a wolf has the chance to kill you, he definitely won't let you go just because you've been through thick and thin together! What was it like when my mother and the Empress were sisters? When my mother gave birth to Ah Ren, the Empress promised to raise him well. What is he like now? Ah Ren is in the palace … "