67-70

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 67_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Prince Yutian was stunned, and so was Princess Shada. Her beautiful face instantly turned pale.

"Is that so?" The Emperor asked cheerfully, "Fu Chao Xiong?"

Although Prince Yutian was fat, he was a fast thinker. After a short moment of astonishment, he immediately made up his mind and said loudly, "Yes, Your Majesty! I am willing to present my daughter to you to show my loyalty to the Tang Empire! "

The Emperor laughed loudly and personally helped Prince Yutian up.

Tears welled up in Shaddali's eyes, but she held them back and called out to her father weakly. Then she looked back at Shan Chao. In the candlelight, her eyes shone like pearls. Tears finally rolled down her soft cheeks.

Shan Chao calmly looked at her and then withdrew his gaze.

·

"The Emperor is approaching the end of his life, but he actually took the initiative to ask for the 28 year old Princess Yutian. Really …"

After the palace banquet ended, the officials dispersed. Xie Yun and Yang Miaorong walked side by side through the vast square of Changle Palace.

The maid who was leading the way with a lantern was far away. In addition, the wind was cold, so she couldn't hear Yang Miaorong's sigh. Xie Yun looked around and saw that no one was around. Then she said, "The Empress is too lazy to deal with young girls. Marrying the Emperor is much more fortunate than marrying our Crown Prince. You should speak less."

Yang Miaorong asked curiously, "What's wrong with being the Crown Prince's concubine?"

She didn't get an answer for a long time. She looked up and saw that Xie Yun's face was a little strange in the dim light.

"… Hey, why aren't you talking?"

"His Royal Highness the Crown Prince has a weak illness. In recent years, he often coughs blood. The Emperor has tried several times to abdicate the throne because of this reason. Two years ago, the Emperor went to the Eastern Capital and ordered the Crown Prince to be in Chang An. In the end, all the political affairs were handed over to the Eastern Palace's trusted aides, Dai Zhide and Zhang Wenguan. The Crown Prince didn't even ask … "

Yang Miaorong interrupted Xie Yun, "You mean to say that marrying the Crown Prince will make her a widow?"

"She might …" Xie Yun paused and said, "Become a living widow."

Yang Miaorong's expression became very strange.

"The Crown Prince's consort, Lady Pei, married into the Eastern Palace and did not have a child for two years. Thus, there was a rumor in the palace that the Crown Prince was impotent. His Majesty also became suspicious after hearing this. Not long ago, he bestowed eight palace maids to the Crown Prince. He wanted to see if the rumors were true … "Xie Yun stopped talking.

"But even if the Crown Prince is in poor health, it's still better than marrying the Emperor!" Yang Miaorong sighed, "The Emperor's age is almost the same as King Yu Tian. The Crown Prince's weak illness can be nursed back to health, but the Emperor's age cannot be reversed!"