92-95

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 92_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     The dew is wet and the wind is red. The rain produces scales and the smell of dragons.

Qian Province, Fu Long Mountain.

"Oh, the guest is going to the mountain to fetch water again!" The shopkeeper pushed the crackling abacus and stuck his head out from behind the counter. His white and chubby face was full of smiles. "This kind of thing should be done by the waiter. Why is the guest doing it himself?"

A handsome young man dressed in dark clothes walked into the inn. He held a wooden barrel that was half the height of a person with one hand. The clear spring water in the barrel swayed slightly with his footsteps, but not a single drop of water spilled out. When he heard this, a faint smile appeared in his eyes, and his chiseled features were profound.

"Thank you, I won't trouble you."

The shopkeeper told the waiter to go up and help, but the man waved his hand to indicate that there was no need. Just like the past few days, he steadily walked up the stairs without looking back.

"Look, which family has a son-in-law like this? He can be a cow during the busy farming season!" The waiter threw the towel and shook his head with a sigh. The shopkeeper glared at him. "Is there anyone who praises people like you? Hurry up and get to work! "

The waiter ran off like a wisp of smoke.

The shopkeeper shook his head and returned to the abacus.

This guest had arrived late at night ten days ago. A sword hung at his waist and he was travel-worn. He held a veiled woman in his arms, saying that she was his wife. The expensive horse was so tired that it was foaming at the mouth. No one knew how long it had been running through the night. The shopkeeper didn't dare to ask more and personally went to book a room. When he turned back, the man casually rewarded him with a palm-sized green jade, saying that he would use it to pay for the room for this period of time.

The shopkeeper took the jade to the pawnshop to have a look. The color and size were all excellent. Ordinary rich families in the area would never be able to take out such good stuff. And this kind of jade ornament was casually hanging on the woman's body. Even the jade bracelet she used to fasten her clothes was no less good than this jade.

Who exactly was this guest?

The shopkeeper had seen the north and south. He could guess the guest's origin just from the accent. However, this man spoke the official language of the capital with a strong northern accent. It was really hard to tell. The shopkeeper was vaguely worried that a strong man had kidnapped the young lady of a rich family to stay at his house, but in the following ten days, the man didn't do anything. Other than buying chicken and fish for the kitchen to make soup, he personally carried a wooden bucket to the mountain every day to draw water, saying that his wife was clean and that she had to bathe in running water.

That woman had not taken a single step out of the room, but the extent of her actions was absolutely unparalleled. In just a few days, the man's appearance had become much more haggard, but his spirit was getting better and better, as if he was enjoying the hardship.

The shopkeeper was puzzled.

He had seen people who doted on their wives, but he had never seen someone who treated their wives so well without any bottom line. If bandits kidnapped a rich family's young lady, it wouldn't make sense.