19-22

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 19_NovelHi

novelhi.com

Chang An's main road was long and narrow, the Seven Fragrant Carriages of Green Cows and White Horses.

The jade carriage passed through the main road, the golden whip headed for the Hou family.

In the early morning of late autumn, the first ray of light passed through the tall Illustrious Virtue Gate outside Chang An and shone on the wide and square tiles of Vermillion Bird Avenue, reflecting a layer of white frost.

The horse's hooves slowly passed through the thin fog, gradually coming closer, reflecting the tall figure of the man on the horse.

He was about twenty years old, his skin was slightly dark, his features sharp and his eyes were sharp and bright. Nowadays, there were very few Han men with such a straight nose, and his lips were always slightly pursed. Although his side profile was handsome, there was a sense of coldness and sternness that repelled people a thousand miles away.

The early morning of late autumn in the north was cold. He was only wearing a rough monk's robe, as if he didn't feel the chill at all. Under the thin black robe, his shoulders, arms, and back were strong. As the horse jolted, the lines of his muscles slightly bulged.

A long sword was tightly wrapped in a grayish-white cloth and tied diagonally to his back.

Even though the cloth had already cracked and faded due to the long journey, making it look shabby and inconspicuous, anyone with a discerning eye could see the faint sword aura around the long sword. It was like a fluorescent light in the dark night, emitting a cold aura.

The horse's hooves suddenly stopped, and the man raised his head.

The vermillion door, glazed eaves, and the large golden words on the plaque could be clearly seen through the fog.

Xie Manor.

The man flipped off the horse and stood at the bottom of the stairs for a moment, his back was like a black rock, strong and silent.

Only when Wu Yun Ta Xue couldn't help but snort and nudge his shoulder with his mouth did the man let out a long sigh and step forward to knock on the door.

After a while, the side door creaked and the gatekeeper poked his head out, respectfully clasping his hands, "This gentleman is ..."

"This one requests to see the owner of this place, please report."

The gatekeeper looked the man up and down and saw that he looked tough despite his shabby appearance. He didn't say anything and only asked with a smile, "May I ask for your name, and do you have an invitation?"

The man hesitated for a moment.

Then he slowly took off the long sword on his back and handed it to the gatekeeper, saying in a low voice, "This is my invitation ..."

After a pause, he said again, "This one's surname is Shan, Shan Chao."

The gatekeeper was full of doubts, but he didn't show it. He bowed and turned away. A moment later, the side door opened again. This time, it was a maid in her twenties wearing a crimson dress.