41-45

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 41_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     On the ninth day of the lunar month, the procession left the palace and headed east.

On the twenty-first day, the Emperor arrived at Fenggao County at the foot of Mount Tai. He ordered people to go out of the city and build three altars.

On the first day of the lunar month, the Emperor opened the altars to perform the ritual.

The ritual lasted for three days. On the first day, the Emperor led people to the altar at the foot of Mount Tai to worship heaven. On the second day, the Emperor and Empress ascended the altar. On the third day, the Emperor and Empress went to the altar at Sheshou Mountain to worship the Earth God. The Empress ascended the altar to worship the Earth God was also held on the same day.

As for the Wulin Assembly, which was known as the greatest martial arts event in the world, it was unknown if the Jianghu people were trying to imitate the ritual of Emperor Wu of Han. They purposely chose Mount Su Ran where Emperor Wu of Han worshipped Houtu.

Mount Su Ran was located at the northeast foot of Mount Tai. It was only a few miles away from Mount Tai where the Emperor performed the ritual.

On New Year's Eve, Chang An.

A horse galloped down Zhongzheng Street. Behind it, the streets lit up. The bailiffs shouted, "Who dares to gallop on a horse in the middle of the night!" "Stop!" "Someone, someone stop him —"

"Bang! Bang! Bang! "

The alarm rang through the streets, but the black horse did not stop. It galloped past the magnificent red gate of Ci 'en Temple like lightning.

The black-clothed young man carrying a sword on his back suddenly jumped off the horse. His figure flew over the high wall of the temple, leaving the roaring pursuers far behind.

Outside the meditation room.

Master Zhi Yuan's figure moved. He stopped staring at the night sky, picked up the teapot, and slowly filled the two empty cups in front of him with tea.

After a while, he heard footsteps behind him. Master Zhi Yuan did not turn around. He said hoarsely, "… Xin Chao."

Shan Chao's figure flashed out of the darkness. His shoulders were tense and his eyes were bloodshot. Although his chiseled mouth showed a kind of almost harsh coldness, his entire expression faintly revealed a trace of madness.

Anyone who had their mind swallowed by the "Mirror Flower, Water and Moon" and then galloped without sleep for three days and three nights would become like this.

"I've been waiting for you …" Master Zhi Yuan looked up at the sky and asked, "Do you see that star?"

Shan Chao walked up to him and glanced back without saying a word. In the night sky, an extremely bright star was moving slowly, charging towards the middle of the sky with an unstoppable momentum.

"When I saw that star, I knew you would come." Master Zhi Yuan looked at the tea in front of him. He shook his head and revealed a mocking smile. "Naturally … the others who should know will also know."