4-6

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 4_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Three days later, at the Xie Residence.

Shan Chao opened his eyes from meditation and looked at the snow-white walls of his cell.

Ever since Xie Yun fainted at the entrance of the Mercy Temple three days ago, he had been sealed by the Imperial Guards on all eight of his vital acupoints. He was forcibly 'invited' to be detained in the Xie Mansion. Since then, all communication had been completely cut off. The only person he could see every day was the little maid who came to deliver his meals.

Other than that, no one came to visit or interrogate him. It was as if everyone had suddenly forgotten about him. Xie Yun did not even show her face.

Shan Chao once guessed that Xie Yun's life was in danger after being poisoned, which was why there was a temporary calm before the storm. However, when he asked the servant girl who delivered his meals, he found out that she did not know anything and was a mute.

The only thing he could observe was that the Xie Residence was extravagant and rare.

Not to mention the flower arches and corridors he saw along the way when he was half-escorted and half-' invited 'into the residence, the underground chamber where he was imprisoned was spacious and clean. The bedding was clean and there was even a thick red carpet on the stone floor. Other than the fact that the door was tightly locked by a wooden fence, this cell was even better than the monk's room he lived in at Ci'en Temple.

As for the food, no one deliberately mistreated him. There were three dishes and one soup for every meal. It was just that they did not avoid meat and fish. Although Shan Chao was now a monk, he did not dislike eating meat. In order to save his strength to break free from the sealed acupoints, he had been silent for the past three days and ate whatever was given to him.

On the first day he was imprisoned, there were people who came to the door from time to time to keep an eye on him. However, Shan Chao seemed to be very calm in any situation. Other than eating and sleeping, this black-clothed monk meditated every day. To outsiders, he looked like a silent stone statue. He would not even move for a few hours at a time.

The guards also knew that the eight acupoints on his body were sealed and he could not use his Qi to fight. Thus, they relaxed.

On the second and third days, there was no one patrolling outside the cell. Other than the servant girl who delivered his meals on time, the basement was very quiet. There was not a single sound.

On the evening of the third day, the sound of a key unlocking the iron chain came from the door. Dan Chao opened his eyes.

The little girl walked in with a box of food and looked at him warily. Seeing that this young monk was meditating silently as usual, she quietly walked to the table and put down the food box with her back to Shan Chao.

At this moment, Shan Chao suddenly stood up. No one had expected that he had already opened more than half of his acupoints. He quietly moved as fast as lightning. His first step was off the bed, and the second step was on the ground. Like a ghost, he appeared behind the little girl and struck the back of her neck with his palm.

The little girl's almond-shaped eyes were wide open. She didn't even make a sound before she fainted on the ground.

Shan Chao quickly checked her and made sure that she had only fainted. He then carried her to the bed and covered her with a blanket, pretending that she was sleeping.