86-90

Green Dragon Totem_Chapter 86_NovelHi

novelhi.com

     Three days later, in the Eastern Capital of Luoyang.

The Crown Prince had died, the Prince of Yong had been placed under house arrest, and the Emperor was seriously ill and unconscious.

Darkness crept in from all directions, gradually engulfing the treacherous Luoyang.

Shan Chao held a plate of food in one hand and pushed open the door with the other. After entering the room, he lit a candle. A single flame burned faintly in the spacious front hall.

"Your Imperial Highness, dinner is here."

Curled up behind the table, Li Xian raised his head, revealing a face with bloodshot eyes and disheveled stubble. His numb gaze swept around, landing on the dazzling array of dishes on the tray.

"…" Li Xian revealed a trace of a sneer. "In the past, it was always cold water pancakes. Why is it so rich today? Has the Empress finally decided to send me and big brother on our way?"

"I saw that Your Imperial Highness had not eaten for two days, so I paid for it myself," Shan Chao said indifferently.

Under the candlelight, Shan Chao's face was cold and resolute. Wearing thin armor and a golden dragon engraved on his waist, his figure was firm and steady.

The corners of Li Xian's eyes twitched, revealing a look of suspicion. "I don't believe you. Take it away!"

Shan Chao silently exhaled. Unsheathing the knife at his waist, he cut off a piece of braised beef. Dipping it in the gravy and soup, he brought it to his mouth, chewing and swallowing.

Li Xian, "…"

Shan Chao raised his eyebrows. Does he mean you believe me now? Placing the plate on the table, he turned and walked out the door.

"General Shan!"

Shan Chao's footsteps paused.

Li Xian's voice was mixed with a gasp, sounding like he was choking. "Right now outside … there are definitely many people outside who want to kill me. Imperial Father ordered the Imperial Guard to seal off this place in order to protect my life … therefore, I ask that Grand General, you must, must …"

Shan Chao was silent for a moment.

"Even if it were not for Imperial Father's orders, this general would definitely protect His Imperial Highness, the Prince of Yong," he slowly said. "Be at ease."

Shan Chao stepped out of the doorway and closed the door.

·

In the late spring, the night wind blew gently. From a distant street corner came the indistinct sounds of night watch. A trusted deputy general had long been waiting in the corridor. Seeing him come out, the deputy general hurriedly bowed and saluted, whispering, "General, news from the palace."

Shan Chao nodded slightly.

"His Majesty did not trust the imperial physicians, so he ordered Yin Kaiyang to come out of the mountains and treat him together with Ming Chongyan. Last night, he was finally able to speak a complete sentence. It is said that today, he can barely sit up from the bed, but he is still unable to walk."