001

1

1.

Nia Marie Wells sat at the back seat of the meeting, unsure as to why her father had called her to join him for lunch when he seemed to be stuck in such a boring meeting with investors who didn't seem interested in anything that he was saying.

The meeting was to be finished at 3:35 pm, it was now 4:01 pm.

She just could not take the waiting  anymore so she left, quickly texting her father that she was leaving.

While on her way to her apartment she saw that her favorite cafe was open. So here she was with a glass  cup filled with warm espresso in her left hand, as she scrolled through the latest article on her phone.

Famous Artist Wells seems to be under fire after failing to sell any of his latest art pieces. Is it time for the 75 year old to put up his brushes and start thinking about retiring?

Nia nearly laughed out loud.

Retiring was something her father would never do. He has spent his hard working own money, put his sweat and tears into making the Lovere Art collector series be placed on the map and has come so far to be recognized by so many people.

It's just that ever since his muse left, he had changed certain stuff in his art which many loved and many hated.

Elenore was his muse, his wife, his Best friend and the mother of his only child Nia.

Her father would often refer to her mother as his sunlight, unfortunately as he once said during an interview, sunlight tends to go down leaving the world in complete darkness.

Which suddenly became his reality.

A couple years ago, no one would've expected that Elenore Brown would have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and that it would've happened so rapidly.

The diagnosis, was very unexpected for her father since he had to watch the love of his slowly forget all the time they spent together. Now when she looks at him, she sees a complete stranger but when he looks at her, he still sees the woman he fell madly in love with, on December 20, 1967.

Her father was just 19 years old when his oldest brother Nick drove both of them to a party that was happening across town. When they reached the party, he eyes immediately caught a glimpse of the beautiful Elenore Brown, dancing with a group of her friends. He could remember her beautiful white smile, her contagious laugh pulling him close and closer, even the beautiful golden 60s dress she wore that night.

He couldn't believe his eyes, she was one beautiful black woman.

She was all he could think about, after that party.

Even in his dream he saw Elenore Brown.

She was his first love, his first everything.

He couldn't ask God for a happier life, even now.

Elenore gave him the best gifts he could ever ask for.

Love.

Happiness.

And their daughter.

"Nia," She turned to see her father walking towards the table, seeming very tired.

"How did the meeting go?" Not in the mood to talk about the meeting, he sighed and shook his head, quickly calling over the waiter, who took his order which was simply just a coffee to go and a bag of donuts.

"Let's talk about it later," he says, taking out his wallet. "Nurse Carly said it's best not to give momma any sweets,"

He gave her a look. "It's not for your mom, it's for James," 

"Oh," Nia knew all about Mr. Caldwell, who too was suffering from Alzheimer's as well. Mr. Caldwell was a man in his early 70's who had just moved into the home a couple weeks ago. Apparently her father found out from a Nurse that Mr. Caldwell has been having dinner with Elenore since he quoted he 'loves her and she loves him' Nia knew her father didn't take that too well since he has been abandoning so much to keep an eye on his wife and trying to keep her away from Mr. Caldwell.

"Dad-" he put his hand up stopping her from talking about the situation.

"Here you go sir," he quickly paid for his donuts and coffee, then reached into his jacket to pull out a card. "It's your invitation for the private art show next week, don't lose it cause we made the exact amount, Bring a date as well." He leans forward placing a kiss on her forehead.

"See you later kiddo, love you,"

"Love you too dad," and she watches as he walked away in the direct of where his driver was waiting for him, before entering the back seat, he turned to wave her goodbye.

And her heart melted, at the site of her father.

She smiled from ear to ear as she waved him goodbye, then watched as he got in and drove off in the direction of where his wife awaited him.

__

__

Hi.

These chapters are expected to be very short.

First chapter, how was it and what are your expectations for this book?