023

023

____

I love you.

In that moment happiness, pure bliss, and sheer excitement coursed through every inch of her being. It was as if fireworks exploded inside her chest, captivating her with their vibrant colors and electric energy. Theodore's confession of love had swept her off her feet, leaving her breathless and overwhelmed.

She had longed to hear those words again, ever since he uttered them months ago.

The guilt she felt started to resurface again, and so did the tears.

Tears welled up in her eyes, glistening like precious diamonds.

She wished she could go back and never leave that night, and instead stay in the arms of a man who loved her. Nia did not realize she had took a step back until she felt Theodore pulling her back into him. "Stop, don't past right now. The past is the past. Let's continue to focus on the future," he whispered, his voice filled with love and understanding.

"You deserve so much better-" Nia began, her voice trembling with emotion, but Theodore gently placed a finger on her lips, silencing her.

"Stop, please stop saying that," he said softly, his eyes searching hers for understanding. "I just said I love you, again. I wouldn't be standing here, with so much love for you. My heart is beating so fast right now..feel it," He guides her hand towards the vicinity of his heart, and in an instant, she could sense the rapid cadence pulsating against her fingertips.

"That's all because I love you,  Nia Marie Wells. I love you so much that 5 years apart was hell. I understand your reasons and I forgive you. Do I wish you had told me before leaving or given me a chance to be a part of your decision? Yes, I'm sort of angry, but I could never be angry at you. Never, because from the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew I was in love."

Nia was a sobbing mess, her emotions overwhelming her as she struggles to find the right words, to express how deeply she felt for Theodore. "Theo," she managed to say between sobs, her voice choked with emotion.

"So in love that William got sick and tired of me," Theodore chuckled, his hand cupping her face and wiping away her tears. "I love you," he said, his voice filled with conviction and sincerity.

"I love you too, Theo," Nia whispered, her voice barely audible. Theodore didn't know what he was expecting, but it was that simple affirmation of love that brought tears to his eyes.

"Fuck, Nia," he said, his voice filled with a mixture of disbelief and overwhelming love. He lifted her up and twirled her around, causing her to yelp in surprise. "Theo!" she exclaimed, a combination of laughter and joy escaping her lips.

"I'm so in love with you, Nia Marie Wells!" he yelled from the top of his lungs, unable to contain the flood of emotions coursing through his veins. Nia couldn't help but chuckle, her mouth slowly turning into a radiant smile. "You're so silly," she said, the love in her eyes shining brightly as he sets her down.