029

29

29.

___

The morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow on the empty space beside her.

Nia couldn't even recall the exact moment they drifted off to sleep. However, what she vividly remembers is the laughter that filled the room as they watched 'Bob Hearts Abishola', a show that Nia often turned to when she felt bored or needed to laugh.

"You're up," Theodore says, as he stands by the door, clad in a worn-out apron, his face adorned with a mischievous grin. 

She turns towards Theodore, a smile adorned on her face and she says. "Good morning,"

"Good morning darling," He says, stepping closer to the bed. "I hope you don't mind, but I sort of made a mess while making you breakfast,"

"You made breakfast?" Nia asked, and he simply just nodded.

"You didn't have to, Theo-"

"I wanted to, darling. I wanted to." Theodore interrupted, his tone gentle yet firm. He took a step closer to the bed, and he settled down beside her.

"I always want to, darling, even before we became official yesterday," Theodore continued, a playful smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Nia's cheeks flushed, at the word official.

A mixture of happiness washed over her.

Theodore chuckled softly, his laughter filled with genuine happiness. "Oh, and My mother would be so happy to hear that we are together now. She's been practically harassing me for details about how we met and if we are together." The thought of his mother's excitement for their relationship brought a smile to his face.

Nia shook her head. "Why don't you just tell her, Theo?" she questions, her voice laced with a playful tone.

"I will, soon but for now I like having you to myself. If my mother knows we are now together she would not leave you alone," he stands up and extends his hand towards her and Nia just chuckles at that thought.

"Now up, before our breakfast gets cold," He says, however, before Nia can lift herself up, Theodore swiftly wraps his arm around her waist, causing her to let out a surprised squeal as he effortlessly lifts her onto his shoulder.

"Theodore!!" she exclaims, a mixture of shock evident in her voice.

Theodore chuckles. "Put me down!" she demands, her voice filled with a mixture of protest and laughter.

"Soon," and he eventually did, earning a glare from Nia and a light hit on his arm.  "Don't do that ever again," Nia playfully scolds, her laughter still lingering in the air, as he turns her around.

As her mouth fell open, shocked, the tears instantly welled up in her eyes. "Theo..."

The table in front of her was adorned with a bouquet of flowers, their vibrant colors mirroring the love that filled the dining room. The sound of jazz playing from her speaker added to the atmosphere, making the moment even more beautiful.