010

The President's Muse

Chapter 10

__

Nia Well's found her self quite distracted by the repeat of the news live. She completely disregarded the amount of application on her desk, her attention only on Him.

"Do the people expect a first lady any time soon?" A lady reporter asked, and Theodore seemed to hesitate at the most asked question.

He looked directly at the camera, sending a jolt through Nia's chest. Her heart raced, unable to resist the magnetic pull of his intense stare."I haven't found someone with the same values as me, and someone to love uncontrollably as much as I would love her. When I do find her, the world would know," the reporter lady nodded, and turned her attention to Myers who seemed bored by his answer.

She switched off the television as things began to escalate. Her hands instinctively tangled in her hair, unable to shake off Theodore Knocks from her thoughts. Ever since she had confessed the truth to him, she had felt a sense of relief, as if a burden had been lifted from her chest. However, that familiar feeling that she had felt years ago was slowly making it's way back.

She didn't know what to do. She couldn't just call him since he was technically going to be the President, well that's if he wins the election but so far from all the comments Nia Well's knew that Myers stood no chance of winning.

She knew Theodore Knocks had this election in the bag.

The sound of her phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts, confused as to why a private number was calling her. Nia hesitated before answering the call.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hey, darling it's Theo," her heart nearly jumped out of her chest, guilt still had a hold of her but she knew that Theodore seem to have forgiven her.

"Hey, Theo, I don't even want to ask how you got my number," she could hear the sound of him chuckling on the end. "Yeah, you don't,"

"Nia-"

"Theo-" they both said at the same times causing them both to chuckle.

"You go first," Nia told him, as she leans back into her chair. "Uh I was calling to ask if you were free tonight, and if you wanted to join me tonight for dinner?"

Without thinking Nia blurted, "A date?"

He chuckled softly, his voice filled with warmth and affection. "Yes, darling, it's a date," She felt like she was 23 again, and on the island, getting asked out by the same man that 23 year old her fell madly in love with.

"You still there Nia?" He asked, hint of worry laced his voice.

"Yes, I'm here," she could almost her him sigh, sigh of relief? She thought. "Yes, Theo, I would love to go on a date with you,"