008

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The President Muse...

__

"I fell madly in love with you too,"

She confessed, and it's as if a weight has been lifted off my chest. The truth, though painful, has brought clarity and she felt relief.

Theodore Knocks felt the tears welling up in his eyes. He waited so long to hear those exact words come out of her mouth since he had doubt for weeks leading up to her disappearing. 

"I left because reality had consumed my mind. Since I had been diagnosed with PCOS and prediabetes at a young age, I hid it until I got into a toxic relationship with a man who constantly belittled and invalidated my illness. It wasn't that I believed you were the same people, but the fear of history and rejection just repeating itself overwhelmed me. Deep down, I knew you were the one I love, the one who was meant to be my future. He was meant to stay in the past, but on that day, I let his hurtful words consume me, and I made the decision to leave."

Theodore's heart ached and he pulled her into a tight embrace. "My heart aches to hear the pain you went through with your past relationships and I wish I could have shielded you from it so that you could understand that I would've cared for you no matter what. But I understand now, and I can see the strength it took for you to share this with me."

"I'm so sorry Theo, I know I say sorry a lot but I really am," He could see the pain in her eyes, the regret in her voice. He wanted to hold her, to tell her that everything would be alright.

But before he could say anything else, the sound of the host voice interrupted them. "Auction is about to start ladies, gentlemen and folks. Please make your way to your seats!" 

"I must go to my sister since I'm here with her and don't want to leave her waiting long," Nia nodded and stood up wiping her tears.

"Nia,"

Nia gazed deeply into his eyes, her heart fluttering with anticipation and vulnerability. "For all these years, I put our past behind me, not telling anyone about what made me stay in Jamaica cause I hated you. And I'm being honest here, I did. But when I saw you earlier, I didn't feel hatred, I felt like I was back on the island. Like I was your Theo, again. Now I feel relief that you told me the truth, because no matter how much I had hated you before this, I still love you, and had hoped to see you again, even if it was just for one last time,"

Nia stood there, tears running down her face, her heart heavy with both relief, knowing he didn't hate her anymore and knowing she finally got to tell him the truth. "But I'm sure this doesn't have to be the last time?"

"I hope not," she managed to say, her voice choked with emotion.

Leaning in, Theodore pressed a tender kiss on Nia's damp cheeks, his lips lingering for a moment, conveying a depth of emotion that words could not capture. "Bye, Nia," he whispered, his voice filled with longing.

"Bye, Theo," she replied, her voice barely audible as she watched him walk away. The door made a loud sound as it closed on his way out.

With tears still streaming down her face, Nia wiped them away and took a deep breath, steadying herself and hurriedly reached her designated seats, where Kelsey was already anxiously awaiting her.

As soon as Nia settled down, Kelsey couldn't help but notice her teary eyes.

"Are you okay Nia?" Kelsey inquired, her voice laced with genuine worry.

Nia turned towards Kelsey and sent her a smile.

"I'm okay now,"

---

I'm crying again...ugh.

Short chapter

Short chapter.

How was it?