005

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

_

_

Nia Well's
now sat in an empty room, staring at the art infront of her. The artwork was a sight to behold, with its intricate details and vivid colors that seemed to dance before her eyes.

Felt absorbed by the art, completely immersed in its beauty and significance, so completely focused on the art that she hadn't noticed someone had stepped into the room until she heard a noise.

She turned around to see Theodore, staring at her with a look she knew all too well.

"Nia?"

Her eyes met his, and a surge of emotions washed over her like a tidal wave. The intensity of their gaze spoke volumes, whispering secrets only their hearts could comprehend.

"H-how are you? What are you doing here? Are you okay?" His questions were a lot for her take in, reason why she made every effort to steer clear of Theodore Roosevelt Rae Knocks whenever she found herself in the bustling city.  She had managed to evade him for the past five years, she fervently hoped to continue doing so but it seems faith had different plans.

"I'm good," She felt her throat was tightening at the thought.

"I barely caught a glimpse of you earlier but when I did. I just knew it couldn't be true." The museum seemed to fade into the background as he focused solely on her, the woman who had once held his heart so tightly. Memories flooded back to him, of stolen kisses afternoons spent in the comfort of each other's arms, dreaming of a future together.

The memories of their past love, the ache of their parting, and the yearning for what could have been flooded back in an instant.

"So um how are you?" She was able to see the tears forming in his eyes. She detested the ache in her heart as she watched him struggle to keep his emotions in check.

"I'm good, Theo," Theo. The mere mention of his name, as it escaped her lips, shattered something deep within him.

He nodded his head, sniffling.The tears were already streaming down his face. "That's good to hear, I'm glad that your doing good. Uh you work here? I remember you told me that you wanted to teach art? Am I right?" Nia nodded, this was partially true.

"Actually, I don't work here. But I do teach." He a proud smile came across his face, overjoyed to learn that she had achieved her long-cherished aspirations.

"I see your not doing bad yourself, Mr. 'President'," she responded, as Theodore chuckled in response.

"Not yet. A couple more weeks until the election," she nodded, acknowledging his upcoming presidency stated that it was only a matter of a few more weeks.