Kabanata 2

~ ALEX ~

[Situation: What is adulthood?]

Student days are now over. Now, it's time to embark into the next chapter of my life. Adulthood.

So how to survive adulthood?

"Xander, I haven't seen you in forever. Wouldn't it be good to visit your mother fron time to time? Hindi naman siguro malulugi ang kumpanya ng daddy mo kapag iniwan mo ng ilang araw, hindi ba?"

"Mom, it's not that. Masyado lang talaga akong maraming ginagawa outside of work. Alam mo naman ang tungkol sa banda 'di ba. The guys needed me, I can't just leave them."

"And that too. How many times have I told you that you don't need to participate in bands anymore. Hindi ka na bata. You're an adult making his way to be the top. How can you even find a fine young lady kung palagi mong inilalaan ang sarili mo sa mga bagay na hindi mo naman kakailanganin sa hinaharap."

God. I love my mother but when it comes to my own decisions, she always have to say something. Ilang ulit ko na bang narinig sa kanya na umalis na ko sa banda at mag-focus sa business at pagkakaroon ng sariling pamilya. I don't even why is it a must for me to find a wife.

"Mom, I have to go. May lakad pa kami ni Aileen today, I have to pick her up soon."

"Oh Aileen. How is she? Sana naman kasing sipag at kasing bait ni Aileen ang mapapangasawa mo Xander. Are you sure you two are not-"

"Mom! Aileen is doing great and I do appreciate your opinion but you know the truth about Aileen and her relationship to the band, so please, can we leave her be?"

"Hmmp. Nakakatampo naman kasi Xander.Why haven't you introduced anyone to me? Ang mga amiga ko halos nakailang kwento na tungkol sa mga nililigawan at manliligaw ng mga anak nila. Ang iba nga may daughter-in-law na and apo. Xander, anak naman. Kailan ko ba makikilala ang girlfriend mo? O wala ka bang natitipuan ngayon? Gusto mo ihanap kita? May kilala akong- "

"I love you Mom, I'll see you this weekend. Bye."

Shesh. She can be so dramatic sometimes. Mom is one of those people who loves to brag about what's happening in their life. She's usually the eye of envy on her friends circle but in terms of relationships she's extra bitter. I mean, she and dad divorced when I was ten, by the time I was eighteen I broke off every potential marriage invitation she sent me, and now that I'm 23, she's asking me to introduce a non-existent daughter in law again. Seriously, she just wants to show off that she has the best daughter in law or whatever.

I sighed. What a pain.

I was about to go back to work when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," I responded before going back to signing papers.

"Sir, here's the report you were asking." She placed the papers on top of the other piles, and informed me about the other things I'm supposed to be doing.

"Thanks, Meg," I acknowledge.

"No problem. May kailangan pa po ba kayo?"

Kailangan ko ng asawa. Iyong papasa sa criteria ni mom. Tch. As if I can say that.

"Wala na. Salamat."

"Ay, oo nga pala Sir," she turned back making me face her. "May dumaan kaninang babae rito. She said kilala mo raw."

Napakunot noo ako. Wala akong inaasahang bisita ngayon or any appointment to anyone. "Sinabi ba niya kung anong kailangan? Or name maybe?"

"Ang sabi niya lang gusto kayong makausap ng personal. Medyo nagalit nga po ng hindi pinayagan ng guard na pumasok dahil walang appointment."

"Then it should be fine." I went to break our contact and focus on the papers I'm signing. "She's probably some crazy woman, I don't know."

Hindi na bago ang mga ganoong tao, iyong bigla-bigla na lang magpapakita at magsasabing gusto nila akong makausap pero wala namang appointment tapos magagalit o gagawa ng eksena kapag hindi pinapasok. Nababaliw na ang mga taong ganoon at wala akong balak makipagkita sa kanila. Ibinalik ko na ang aking atensyon sa mga papeles dahil mas importante ito kaysa sa kung sino man 'yon.

"Ah oo naalala ko na, she snapped her finger."

Napakunot-noo akong tumingin kay Meg. Talagang inisip pa niya, hindi na importante kung sino 'yo-

"Sir, Brielle Ibanez. Iyon ang pakilala niya.''

Baliw nga.

[Conclusion: A whirlwind of craziness followed by a woman like her.]

xx