Kabanata 42

~ ALEX~

[Situation: How to ride a bike?]

I've always liked how the sun shines brightly in my room when I wake up. It always reminds me that today is another day.

"Morning Xander, would you like to have breakfa -"

"Sorry mom, I have to go somewhere for today, maybe next time."

"Oh okay. Take care."

Every morning for over a week now, it became a routine to go for a run around the mountains just to get my head out of the problem.

It does give relief but it isn't permanent. At the end of the day my marriage is still on the rocks.

~

In my family there's no mom and dad, it's always been mom or dad.

When my parents divorced we moved to where my grandmother resides.

It was miles away from home, in a small village almost no one knows.

In place of new beginnings where the sun burst through the horizon.

"Mabuti naman alam mo na magsalita ng hindi English, Xander. Nauubusan na ako ng words na sasabihin sa 'yo minsan."

"Hindi mo naman kailangang mag-English palagi. Nakakaintindi pa rin naman ako ng Tagalog."

"Hm, pero bakit kapag kasama mo si Bria, nauutal ka?"

"Of Course not!"

"Liar. Nauutal ka kaya. Minsan nga nakatulala ka lang sa kanya. Nakakainis tuloy."

"Bakit ka naman maiinis?"

"Kasi kapag nandiyan na siya, nakakalimutan mo na ako. "

" Hindi kaya."

" Liar. Kahit anong pilit kong kunin ang atensyon mo sa kanya, hindi mo ako pinapansin.Invisible na ba talaga ako sa mata ng mga tao?"

"No you're not. Kapansin-pansin ka kaya."

"Paano mo nasabi?"

"Hm, 'cause you're like the sun.You shine bright when you smile and you illuminate the skies with your presence."

"Just like the sun."

"Yes. You're like the sun, Brielle. My personal light."

~

The sunrise by the viewdeck has always been mesmerizing. It gives off hope for a new day up ahead.

"Nandito ka lang pala."

"I didn't expect you to be here as well, Brianna."

She responded with a smile before settling at one of the benches that overlook the sun rise.

"How is she?" I sat next to her without sparing a glance. She knows who I'm talking about, and I know she's been watching over her for a while.

"She's...thinking."

"Thinking, huh."

How long will that process be? How much time will we need to go back from before? How much more do I have before the pain subsides?

"It's not that she hated you, Xander."

I know.

"Av - Brie, just needed to face her problems head on. Matagal na niyang ipinagpaliban lahat ng problema niya kaya mas lalo siyang nahihirapan lalo na kapag kasama ka. Pero babalik din naman siya."