Kabanata 28

~ ALEX~

[Situation: What is a ring?]

The venue for the reception was at a private lakeside view with a humongous flower garden. I'm surprised mom managed to find a venue like this. When she asked for the theme for the wedding, Brielle said traditional, but mom's not buying it. It's 'too common' for her.

Honestly, I don't have any problems with traditional weddings. However, since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I at least wanted this to be memorable and enjoyable for my future wife, so I asked mom to keep the ceremony traditional and make the reception venue like a flower garden, something Brielle loved back when we were kids.

"How do you like it, luv?" We are now seated at the center of the pavillon, in front of everyone, enjoying the magical sight of the venue.

"It's nice. Enchanted," she replied shortly. Too short for someone who loves to critic everything.

"Ang tipid mo namang sumagot. You okay?"

She glared as if I did something unforgivable.

"Gustom na ako Alexander. Kaninang umaga pa ako walang matinong kain. Yung Magic Autumn macarons ko, hindi ko pa naubos dahil pinatawag na agad kami sa simbahan. Tapos ngayon, ang dami pang sinasabi ng host. May balak pa ba silang magpakain?"

It made me laugh. So that's what it is. No wonder kanina pa siya nakahawak sa tiyan niya. Gutom na pala.

"Hindi ko alam kung gaano pa katagal ang programa, but I think I can do something about a snack."

I called one of the bodyguards not far from where we were sitting and asked him to grab a few things for me. When the box arrived I handed it to Brielle.

"Ano naman ito?" She dubiously stared at it.

"Food so you won't be hangry."

"Edible ba?" She inspected the box.

"Tanong mo kay Rhea."

"Rhea?"

I nodded. I invited Rhea to the wedding as she's one of the people who knew us well. I also asked her to make something for Brielle to snack on during the program, in case she gets hungry. And here goes, she did get hungry and is now munching on these fruit cookies from Rhea's shop.

"Good?" I asked.

"Yum- Don't touch."

Of course she would slap my hands when I was about to grab one of her cookies. "Can't I have one?"

"Buy your own."

I groan. I should have known she won't share, but at least she's not in her dragon mode anymore.

"Okay lovers, say galis." We looked in the direction of the person who called when a flash caught us off guard.

"Yuck Aaron. Kung may dala kang sakit huwag mong ikalat dito. Kadiri ah," Brielle respond after.

"Oi wala akong galis ah." Aaron approached our table after he took the picture and showed it to Brielle.

He's not specifically asked to be the photographer, but he had an encounter with our wedding photographer, so now he wanted to prove he can take good pictures, which I doubt.

"Hindi ka pa ba tapos sa pagiging photographer mo?" I asked.

"Bro naman, hindi mo gusto yung picture? Maganda naman ah."

"Yes, if it's clear. Blurred kaya." Brielle gives back the camera to Aaron who checks the picture he took.

"Okay naman ah. Art kaya 'yan. Para hindi mo na kailangang lagyan ng filter. All natural," pilit na paliwanag ni Aaron sa amin.