Kabanata 15

~ Brielle ~

I was awakened by the rays of the morning sun that fell slanting through the window, and directly to my face.

I was lying in a high ceiling room with a king size bed, drafting table and stool and a sofa set. This is not my room nor a hotel. Based on the design and the annoying smell of a specific Aroma perfume brand, I can guess where I am. I don't know where exactly it is, but I could guess whose room it -

I jolted by the sudden knock on the door. I didn't respond but after a few seconds the door swung open.

"Gising ka na pala. Bakit 'di ka sumagot ng kumatok ako?" Nakakunot nanaman ang noo niya.

"Kailangan pa ba?" I shrugged. "Whether I answer or not, you'll come in anyway."

"That's true." He moved across the room and opened up the curtains, letting more light pass through. "I was planning to wake you up before ten but you're already awake so I guess it's not necessary."

"Alexander, why am I here?" I crossed an arm. "Considering your personality, hindi ito kusang loob."

"Is that how you look at me?" His brow furrowed as his eyes met mine.

"Uh, yes?"

He sighed. " You said ayaw mong umuwi so I brought you here. You seemed to be out of the loop last night so I thought that it's better for you to relax for a bit."

"And where is this?" Inikot ko ang akong patingin sa paligid. Based on design of the house as well as the clear blue skies and huts outside, I can say, we're far away from the city. "Nasa sibilisasyon pa ba tayo?"

"A little bit out of town. We're at our villa. You've been here before," he said as he walked to open the door connecting the room and the veranda.

The moment he opened the door to the veranda The warmth of the salt air creeped it's way to my skin. As the sound of waves calmly rings into my ears.

I never thought he'd let me stay here. The last time I came here was years ago, when Ace kidnapped Yena. Other than that day, I haven't been here. Aileen once said that it's a secret villa exclusive for them to relax and de-stress from the busy life in the city.

"Anyway, there's breakfast downstairs if you want," he said.

"Breakfast? Bakit hindi mo dinala dito?"

Naguluhan ito sa sinabi ko. "Why would I?"

"Para breakfast in bed. Ano ba naman yan Alexander, hindi mo ba alam yun? Uso 'yon sa mundo ng mga tao," paliwanag ko sa kanya.

"This is not a place to eat. May dining room para doon kumain. Isa pa ayokong langgamin. Kwarto ko pa rin 'to."

Tch. KJ talaga nito.

"Up."

"What?" He asked with a frown on his face looking at both my hands raised towards him, "What the hell would I do with your hands?"

Seriously? Hindi na talaga mag-eevolve bilang tao itong si Alexander.

"Are you not going to carry me all the way to the dining room?"

"No way. Why would I? May paa ka naman unless hindi ka na makalakad."

Napailing ako sa naging sagot nya. Bakit pa nga ba ako umasa sa leong ito?

"Unbelievable Alexander, hindi ka na talaga papasa sa pagiging tao."

"Ano nanaman ba 'ng pinagsasabi mo?"

Hindi ko na siya pinansin this time at agad na akong tumayo para mag-ayos ng sarili.