Kabanata 18

~ ALEX~

[Situation: What's the worst case scenario?]

Every day is different from the other days. After taking Brielle for a day break at a coffee stop, I decided to grab breakfast before taking her to the cottage up by the lakeside, but for some reason she'd turned sour again.

"Brielle, hindi mo ba gusto ang pagkain?" I asked.

Kanina pa niya nilalaro ang pagkain. Hindi ko tuloy Alan kung ayaw o gusto niya ang inorder namin.

"Alexander, kailangan pa ba natin tumuloy sa kung saan man tayo pupunta?"

"Yes. I already told you-"

"But I don't want to go," she insisted, "Bakit 'di na lang si Bria..." she whispered but I was still able to hear.

Nakita ba niya ang kanyang kapatid na kasama ko kanina? Oo nandito si Brianna, ngunit nagmamadali siya kaya hindi niya nagawang makipag-usap kay Brielle. Nagpalitan lang kami ng pagbati at sinabi sa akin na binibisita niya ang kanyang mga magulang. Natuwa siya at umaasa na makita ang kanyang kapatid ngunit hindi na niya ito naabutan dahil dumiretso sa banyo si Brielle kaya hindi niya alam na nandito si Brianna.

"Brielle-luv.."

"Stop that!"

"The what?" I frowned.

"T-That stupid endearment you keep saying," she scowl.

Endearment? Wha-

I was about to say something when I saw how her cheeks flush in pink and how she kept pursing her lips and silently snapping her fingers. She's embarrassed. It was one of the few mannerisms Brielle had as a child. I didn't know she still does it. It made me smile.

"I thought we're lovers with an 8 year long relationship? Is my memory fading again or did we break up sometime I didn't know when?" I teasingly retorted. Remembering the time she boldly claimed me out of the blue.

She blinked. Once? twice? I was looking at me like I grew another head, but I refrain myself from laughing.

"Oh I really want to wipe that smug look on your face right now," she glared.

I laughed especially when I saw her starting to eat, which means she's back to normal. I guess teasing her once in a while is not bad, as long as she's in a normal mood.

___

We were back on the road in no time and with a full stomach, this dragon beside me decided to make an album about her screeching voice.

"Pwede ba sa radio na lang?"

"Oh bakit? Ayaw mong makinig sa golden voice ko? Aba Alexander-my labs, itong golden voice ko ang rason kaya ka na-inlove sa'kin. Nakalimutan mo na ba?" She said while placing her hand on her chest acting so hurt and wipe out her non-existent tears.

"Tch. Are you sure that's not the reason why we broke up?"

"Oh no. I swear. Sabi mo pa nga, 'oh my darling Brielle, your voice is like an angel, so heavenly and so sweet. I love to listen to your lullaby, in this lovely home we built'," she sang exaggeratedly.

"Sigurado ka ba? Ang alam ko kasi ang sabi ko, your voice is like the screeching sound of cicadas in the summer, so loud and annoying. I love to see you stay somewhere else, and spare this lovely home I built for the lady and myself," I respond dramatically.

"Nope. Ang pangit ah. And who's that lady who wants to stay with you?" She exaggeratedly gasped, "Are you cheating on me with a cicada? I am hurt! I hit you! I hit you."