Kabanata 14

~ ALEX~

[Situation: How to bring back an old record?]

It was a full house in Allure. Old and new patrons came and gathered at this venue for the night to watch the live performance of one of the top bands in the region, HAELE.

We were familiar with the band since we were in the same industry, and they're one of the groups that top the charts in all gig outlets when we were still starting as a group, so it's expected that a lot of their supporters were gathered here tonight.

What I didn't expect is to see Brianna together with the group. She never mentioned anything about her social life or the time she traveled and volunteered in Morocco. Brielle seemed to be stunned as well when she saw her sister, so I'm guessing she was not aware herself.

"Xander sigurado ka bang ayos lang sa'yo na ikaw ang maghatid kay Avy? Ayos lang naman kung anong maghatid sa kanya pauwi." Brianna looks at her sister, who's now sleeping soundly inside the car, worriedly.

"Nasanay na'ko . Matagal nang mahirap intindihin 'yang kapatid mo, mula pa noon may pagka-bratinella na talaga siya at hindi na ito bago sa'kin. Hindi ba't nabanggit mo na may pupuntahan ka bukas? Mabuti pa'y tumuloy ka na, ako na ang bahala rito."

Bakas ang pag-aalinlangan sa kanya. Marahil ay nais niyang kausapin si Brielle tungkol sa nangyari kanina, ngunit dahil sa kinikilos ng kapatid ay hindi niya ito magawa.

"O-Okay. I'll leave it to you, Xander. Please take care of Avy. You know how she is," she pleaded.

"You can always count on me Brianna." I assured her.

Tumango ito bilang sagot at tuluyan nang nagpaalam. Nang makaalis na sila ay bumalik na 'ko sa sasakyan upang makaalis na rin sa lugar.

"I know you're awake," I said but there was no movement from Brielle. "Fess up already. How long do you want to pretend?" I called, but still no answer. "Are you gonna talk or do you want me to drop you off at the nearest exit?"

I heard her click her tongue before facing my direction with a scowl on her face.

"So? Anything you wanted to say?" I asked.

"Bakit di mo ko pinasabay kina Bria? Akala ko ba ayaw mong nag-aalaga sa isang tulad ko?" She's pouting.

"You're right, I don't."

"Then why?" Now, her brow raised and arms crossed.

"You're avoiding your sister again Brielle." I tried to meet her eyes, but she looked away. She didn't respond and diverted herself from me and face front.

"I'm not." Her weak reply says otherwise.

"Kilala kita. Kapag galit ka sa kapatid mo, hindi mo siya kakausapin kahit ano pang pilit n'yang gawin para makausap ka. The more persistent she is, the more you avoid her so I decided to act before you do something you'll regret, again."

Alam kong alam niya kung anong inaasal n'ya kapag kaharap ang kapatid. Mula pa noon ay isang sensitibong paksa na sa kanya si Brianna, lalo na kung sila ay kinukumpara.

"Wala akong masamang ginawa," halos pabulong na wika nito.

I looked at her direction only to see her head down and twiddling her thumbs. A mannerism she has when she's uncertain, uncomfortable or lost.

"Hey, stop doing that," suway ko.

"Doing what?" She asked unaware.

Tch. She really doesn't know what she's been doing.