Kabanata 20

~ ALEX~

[Situation: What's the perfect plan?]

I know that if I left Brielle on her own, she would just attract unwanted attention so I tried to return as fast as I could, but I was caught up by Enzo, my cousin and I was told to make an appearance later during the presentation of Silveria Group.

He talked about a few other things but I was not listening because I was worried if Brielle was still in that place. She doesn't know the word patient and tends to find a way to keep her entertained so if she's bored in that corner, I'm sure she'll start walking barefoot and find something to do.

Tch, she's a total pain.

"..so that's the plan. What do you think?"

What? What were we talking about again? The presentation for the Silveria Group?

"Yea sure."

"Really? Great! I'll tell the guys to make preparations and inform gramps to keep his speech short to not steal your thunder."

I don't know what he meant with those words so just let it go and went back to find Brielle.

"You piece of shit. Sino bang nag-imbita sa'yo dito ah? Hindi mo ba kilala kung sino ako?"

"Sadly bitch, Wala akong pake-alam kung sino ka. Ang akin lang, wag mong malapit-lapitan ang kapatid ko at matawag-tawag sa ka-uri mo dahil hindi kayo magka-uri. Isa ka lamang isda sa canal, ang kapatid ko tao. Actually,...."

I knew it. She will not last a minute without troubling someone. And isn't that Samantha Pryn? The daughter of a politician and the owner of a famous shoe company. What is she doing- Brianna? Why is she here?

"What's the meaning of this?"

I didn't have any time to put the pieces together. I just went on it and moved close to Brielle.

"Luv?" The endearment was not necessary but it just came out so naturally. Hopefully she's not going to slap me later.

"Wala. May dumaan lang na bisugo pero hindi naman nakalapit kaya hindi ako nangamoy malansa." She answered gleefully like she didn't do anything wrong.

I sighed. I knew there's no good when it comes to her, or maybe it's about her sister this time considering Brianna looks worried.

I wrapped my left hand around her waist making sure we're close enough to converse and to make sure she's not going to run away and hit Samantha Pryn.

"You better have a good explanation about this later, Brielle. I know you," I whispered before kissing her by the temple.

I heard her click her tongue before crossing her arms. It means, she's letting me do what I need to do.

The conversation with Miss Pryn took a while. It seems as though Brielle really pissed her off.

"I doubt, Miss Pryn, Brielle here is not that kind of woman. She's smart, independent, fierce and loyal to the core."

And that's the truth. Brielle was never that kind of woman. That's why I never worried whenever she barged in like a hurricane in my office or spent something on my account because she always makes sure I know what she's doing.

''We've known each other since we're kids," he looked at me with a smile, "I know her secrets, her likes and dislikes, her fears and happiness. I lived my life with her in the picture and there's no way she'll leave me just for fun. Even when I moved away, she waited for me."

She averted her eyes. I know she might not want to hear this now but I want her to know that I consider her as a person I can depend on.

''Her devotion is unbound, and so is her love for her family and those whom she held dearly. I don't know how a 30 seconds of meeting made you judge her whole being but as someone who'd been with her through the years, I can tell you, that this woman here beside me, Brielle Avy Ibanez, is someone I can trust and someone whom I'm willing to lay my life down."