Chapter 460

After being charmed by the sight of the magnificent building, Darryl could not help ask in awe "Godfather, is this the Carter mansion? It's huge; it's mag-"

Before he could finish his words, he felt a burning pain in his heart. He spat out more blood, and his sight went black as he fainted instantly.

Abbess Mother Serendipity attacked him with all her might. Luckily Darryl was wearing his Celestial Silkworm Armor. Even then, his arteries and veins were all broken, as well as his organs. Darryl had used up all his will power to stay awake on the way here, but now that they had arrived, he could no longer hold it any longer.

"Darryl!" Zoran called out in a panic. With Darryl in his arms, he rushed to the main hall.

The Carter mansion was divided into the inner court and outer court. The outer court was used to host guests, while the inner court was where the family cultivated. No outsiders, even the most honorable guests, were allowed to enter this area without being invited by Zoran.

Zoran carried Darryl right into a room in the inner court and yelled at the door. "Hurry, hurry. Go and get Mister Jacob!"

The person outside the door responded immediately and went away hastily. Not long after, an older man rushed over with a box full of medicine. This older man was Philips Jacob, a well-known miracle healer in Mid-City and a dear friend of Zoran's.

After taking Darryl's pulse, Philips remained silent for a long while with a serious look on his face.

Zoran was anxious and panicking as he asked "Mister Jacob, how's my godson?"

Philips smiled bitterly and said slowly "I've saved this young man's life, but his arteries are broken. It appears that he won't be able to cultivate anymore." He paused before continuing, looking guilty "I've tried my best."

Zoran was stunned for a while before he asked anxiously "Mister Jacob, what if I use my internal energy in combination with your healing. Would you be able to heal his arteries?"

'If he couldn't cultivate as a cultivator, there won't be any reason to be alive.' Zoran thought to himself. If he could save Darryl, he would not mind giving up some of his internal energy.

Philips shook his head "You're too naive. How could internal energy heal arteries? The most important thing now is for him to recover. Don't bother thinking about cultivating." Philips clasped his fists together as a gesture and left.

Zoran looked at Darryl in a coma and let out a sigh before leaving the room.

Darryl felt as if he had a very long dream. He saw someone chasing him in the dream and trying to kill him as he kept on running and running.

Finally, Darryl yelled out and sat upright in shock, dripping in sweat.

The second he looked at his surroundings, he was stunned beyond words. He was in an exquisitely furnished room with antique chairs, a table, a bed, and cupboards. There was also an antique landscape painting hanging on the wall.

'Where am I? Have I died and gone to heaven? No, no, it can't be.' Darryl thought before he snapped back to reality and slapped his forehead. For a second, he had forgotten that Zoran saved him, and this must have been the Carter mansion.

After mumbling to himself, he cautiously got off the bed with gritted teeth. His arteries were broken. Although it no longer hurt, his body was still very weak.

Meanwhile, he could hear the sounds of laughter along with splashing water coming from outside.

'Who's showering outside? Their voice is so sweet. She must be a gorgeous lady.' he thought.

Darryl was captivated and went out of the door without hesitation.

After walking through the bamboo forest, he saw a clear pond. As expected, two graceful figures were playing inside the pond. However, when he saw the faces of the two women inside the pond, he was stunned.