Chapter 555

"What? This man's her husband?' the men thought as they looked at Darryl with envy and disgust.

Lily ignored the glares as she held onto Darryl's hand and smiled. "Hubby, you know Circe, ofcourse, I won't need to introduce her to you. This is Evelyn Featherstone, she's Circe's friend. She participated in the Lion Slaughtering Conference. If I recall correctly you two competed against each other."

Lily introduced Evelyn without realizing that Evelyn and Darryl had known each other for a long time! Evelyn was seething with rage as she looked at Lily in surprise and asked "Lily, he's your husband?"

When Evelyn first met Lily, she thought Lily was pretty and kind. Who knew such a kind girl would marry an assh*le! Life was unfair!

Lily was stunned as she laughed "You two know each other?"

"No one wants to know him! He's a piece of cow dung!" Evelyn pursed her lips.

Lily felt awkward from her reply. She glared at Darryl thinking to herself who knew what Darryl did this time to offend Evelyn.

Circe could not help but laugh. She tugged on Evelyn's hand and said "Evelyn, stop it."

She knew about the rivalry between Darryl and Evelyn. It was nothing serious, but they just could not stand each other. They would bicker every time they met.

"Miss Evelyn, we've known each other for a long time. I don't think it's good to talk bad about me every time you see me right?" Darryl teased.

Darryl was furious as well. The last time he was at the bar with Megan and Evelyn's best friends, they got drunk. When he woke up, his Supreme Mystery Scripture and Celestial Silkworm Armor were gone.

'I haven't paid you back for what you did, but now you dare talk bad about me?' Darryl thought.

Suddenly a weird voice from afar called for. "Darryl Darby!"

He looked to see who called him, and it was Jeremy Langley and a few of his followerd—they looked angry. Jeremy was still angry that Darryl caused a scene during his wedding with Yvonne.

However, Jeremy was an infamous playboy. Shortly after Yvonne, he met another girl called Vera Burns. He wanted to bring Vera to Angela's concert and maybe bring her to a hotel to have some fun after the concert. Who knew he would meet Darryl today!

Jeremy was extremely furious as he loathed Darryl to his bones.

If it was not for Darryl, he could have slept with Yvonne. It was Darryl that stole his wife from him!

"You dare come back to Donghai City? You must be itching for death!" Jeremy said coldly as his followers approached Darryl.

"Why should I be afraid?" Darryl clenched his fists. He has not paid back for Jeremy forcing Yvonne to marry him.

The atmosphere in the lounge was tense and many people looked in curiously.

Vera pulled Jeremy and said "We're here to watch a concert. Don't bother with this hillbilly. Let him go."

Jeremy nodded. He pointed at Darryl and said arrogantly "Did you hear that? My woman said to not bother with you. I don't want my mood to be ruined, so if you kneel and apologize, I'll let you go."

"Apologize?" Darryl took along breath. He could barely contain his anger. Thinking about how Yvonne had only three months left to live, his anger rose.

"I don't think you can handle my apology." Darryl clenched his fist so tightly, his nails dug into his flesh.

A burst of laughter erupted.

"Is he crazy? He doesn't even have his powers. How dare he talk back?"

"Yes, he must want to die."

Lily panicked, so she quickly stood up and said "Hubby, don't fight him. Just apologize."

The Ultimate Husband (Book 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें