Chapter 491

Darryl did not think twice, he quickly tried to grab Susan. However, he was still weak so he fell on top of her instead. They looked at each other awkwardly.

Susan scrambled to get up, but part of her clothes was stuck under Darryl.

Suddenly the door swung open.

"Darryl! I have something fun I want to share with you!" Sara entered with a box of jigsaw puzzles in her hands. She was shocked when she saw the scene in front of her. The room was filled with awkward silence.

After what seems like forever, Sara laughed awkwardly and said "I saw nothing, I saw nothing!" She was about to turn and leave when Susan quickly stood up and said "Don't talk nonsense! It's not what you think!"

Susan quickly explained "I was helping your brother with his medication, I accidentally fell over."

"Oh..." Sara nodded.

Susan let out a sigh of relief, she added "It's late, don't disturb your brother, go back to your room."

She followed Sara out of the room, before closing the door, she looked at Darryl and said "Darryl, I'll see you tomorrow." Darryl did not agree to her pleas, she had to try again tomorrow.

Darryl smiled but said nothing. He could see that Susan loved her daughters, if not she would not have swallowed her pride and begged for their forgiveness. To be fair, Rachel was his godfather's biological daughter, he should have just let it go. However, Rachel almost killed him, if he did not teach her a lesson, she might just try it again in the future.

He was about to go to bef when his phone rang. Who would call him so late at night?

It was from Lily.

Darryl smiled and picked up the call. He barely said hello, when Lily said "Hubby, are you alright?"

Lily was sitting on the sofa watching TV. She was overjoyed when Darryl picked up.

Eversince Yvonne's wedding, Lily was kidnapped to the Darby Mansion. Thank goodness Dax rescued her. When she reached home, she tried to reach Darryl daily, however, Darryl was stuck in the forest which had no phone reception. She finally got to him which made her extremely emotional.

"Hubby, where are you? Are you feeling better? Where were you the past few days?" Lily asked a lot of questions.

She was really jealous that Darryl caused a scene at Yvonne's wedding, but she missed him. So, she still called him in the end.