Chapter 485

While he drank the water, he felt his leg touched something hard. He thought it was rock, so he bent down to pick it up.

He was surprised. It was a small, bronze rectangular cauldron! It was covered with moss from being submerged underwater, but he could still see the intricates on it.

It looked like it was from the Warring States period.

What piqued Darryl's curiosity further was that tehre was a bronze box in the cauldron, buried deep underwater in a well? It was fascinating!

Darryl did not think twice when he opened the box. He was shocked to find that the box was sealed tightly. No water entered it, and there was a book of bamboo slips inside.

What could it be?

Darryl flipped the book open. 'Bai Qi Formations' was written on the first page.

Bai Qi Formation? Darryl's mind began to buzz with excitement. It was said that the ancient, legendary General Bai Qi was highly skilled in Formations. Before he died, he wrote down all the Formations he knew, and it was called Bai Qi Formations.

Furthermore, it was only a myth! Since Bai Qi died, no one ever saw the book. Could this be it?

Darryl was curious. He started reading through it―it was indeed the same book!

Darryl was overjoyed! He hit the jackpot! What made Bai Qi so legendary was his skills in Formation. He used that to win many battles!

He was soon deeply engrossed in the book.

According to the bamboo slips, Formations could be divided into two categories: Offense and Defense Formation.

Like its name, Offense Formation were Formations that had a more aggressive attack. For example, Wudang Sect's Big Dipper Formation.

There were other Formations, such as the Trap Formation. It was a Formation to trap people in. It appeared that this very peach blossom forest was a Formation by Bai Qi from thousands of years ago. He had trapped many since then, and no one could break out of this Formation.

It seemed as if Darryl was still lucky he survived so far.

The Bai Qi Formations described many Formations in detail and how to use it. Darryl was deeply engrossed in it, and the time flew past him.

Three days later, he finally put the book down. He drank some water and climbed out of the well. he managed to fully master the Bai Qi Formations within three days.

If he was not mistaken, the peach blossom forest was under the Dragon Trap Formation.

"Left, three. Right, one." Darryl mumbled to himself. He took three steps to the left and one step to the right.

"Front, seven. Left, two. Back, three. Right, six..."

In a short wile, he escaped the forest!