Chapter 469

"Do you want to get beaten up?" yelled Ewan. How could someone treat his master so rudely?

"Ewan, step down." Ophelia ordered as she looked at Darryl. "What's the use of boasting now? My disciple harnessed a golden Elixir Cloud and produced a Five Spirit Pill. Do you really think you can top that?"

"Ofcourse. After all, time's not up yet." he said while tending to his cauldron.

Ophelia shook her head. "Remember our agreement. If you lose, you have to acknowledge me as your master, and it has to be done officially, with you bowing down to me."

PSST! PSST!

Darryl opened the lid of the cauldron. Suddenly, heat escaped along with the ingredient's aura.

'What? What is he doing? Opening the lid of the cauldron before the elixir matures is a big mistake.' everyone thought as they were stunned.

"Have you admitted defeat?" Rachel sneered.

She initially thought that this live-in son-in-law would have some skills, but it looked like she overestimated him. Getting him to compete with Ewasn was only an insult to Ewan.

However, Ophelia trembled in fear as she looked closely at Darryl's every move. She did not even dare blink for one second.

'Is... is he petrifying the cauldron?' she wondered.

Cauldron Petrifying is an ancient, lost method of producing elixirs. This method was considered to be lost and obsolete. You could find mentions of it in ancient manuals, but not in detail.

According to the manuals, Cauldron Petrifying used the aura of the ingredients to clear the cauldron of impurities. This helped ensure a pure elixir was produced.

Ofcourse, the elixirs produced by this method were also rare!

This was a lost art! How would Darryl know about this?

At that moment, she noticed Darryl was adding more ingredients to the cauldron while increasing the fire. There were twenty minutes left till the end of the competition.

Many people laughed and shook their heads at Darryl. They had not heard of Cauldron Petrifying, so they thought Darryl had failed at producing an elixir and that he was trying again. They were sure he was not going to succeed with so little time left.

Even if he could produce one in such a short time, it would not be as rare as Ewan's.

"Dad, stop the competition. Get him to admit defeat." Rachel said, unable to take it any longer.

Zoran looked at her but said nothing.

BOOM!

Suddenly, a thunder rumbled from afar.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

It was a bright and clear day, but suddenly dark clouds surrounded the Carter mansion. Black flashes of lightning emitted from the clouds. It was terrifying, but it was clearly a phenomenon from the elixir production process upon a closed look!

Half of Mid City was shocked. Many people looked in awe and terror at the black bolts of lightning that struck down on the Carter mansion.