On the Run

Narrator's POV Flashback

The sound of fighting echoed throughout a lotus-theme palace and inside the building is a map. Suddenly, Monkey King crashed through the palace with a spear chasing after him as he managed to block the attacks and threw the spear away and he saw an opening towards the map.

"Finally! An opening!" Monkey King said before he charged forward to grab the map, but a barrier seal appeared in front of him as it stopped him and then blew Monkey King away as he crashed into a wall. "Ugh, the ol' magical barrier trick. I should've seen that one coming" Monkey King said.

"That seal is strong enough to protect the map from any who would steal it" a voice said as it revealed to be the Third Lotus Prince Nezha.

"Even you, Sun Wukong! Do you have any idea what you're doing?" Nezha asked as he glared at Monkey King, who managed to remove himself from the wall. "Uh yeah, I'm the Monkey King. Trust me!" Monkey King said. "Trust you?" Nezha asked before he chuckled and said "No. You ruined any chance of that long ago" and Monkey King then asked "Honestly, Nezha, when did you stop being fun?" and tried to rush forward to get the map, but Nezha grabbed him with his ribbon and says "... After I lost my best friend, Katara!" and threw Monkey King far from the map and Nezha begins to fight him in order to protect the map.

"I alone should've been entrusted with keeping that map safe!" Nezha said as Monkey King jumped on the ceiling and said in a teasing tone "Somebody's sounding jealous~" and tried to land a punch on Nezha, who growled and quickly moved out of the way in time for Monkey King to punch the floor. "It was our solemn duty! Our oath was to protect this world from the Samadhi Fire!" Nezha said as he grabbed Monkey King with his ribbon and threw him again. "Yeah, well... Something worse came along" Monkey King said as he charged towards the map again and says "Why do you think I need to use it? Come on!".

Nezha's spear glowed with a pink fire and tried to strike Monkey King down, but he managed to block the attack in time. "Out of respect for your past friendship with the great monk, Lady Irene and the Mighty Five, I will allow you to leave this place safely. But the fire will remain unforged. Hidden! The map stays here!" Nezha said and then Monkey King said "I know you take your security job pretty seriously, but I do need the map. So you see the problem right?" and Nezha's eyes widened before golden smoke appeared from above him, showing Monkey King blowing some of his hair to create clones of himself and they all jumped on Nezha, making him unable to move. "You want me to leave it, I want me to take it! Eh, it's a toughie" Monkey King said. "What?! Don't do this!" Nezha pleaded and Monkey King said "I'm sorry, it's the only way" as he looked at the map. "Wukong! That barrier is designed to protect that map at all costs! If you force your way through it, it could destroy us both!" Nezha said as he continued to struggle to free himself from the clones and Monkey King says "Yeah, I know. But you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet" as he charged towards the map once again. "What? That doesn't mean you should!" Nezha said and Monkey King used all of his strength to break through the barrier, his hands went through it, pushing his way through the barrier and successfully grabbing the map, but the palace exploded. Leaving pieces of the palace floating in the air or on the ground, Nezha got up a bit from the ground, injured and looked at the spot where Monkey King was. "Wukong..." but then he heard laughing and turned around and saw him.