The Search for the Gem of Ice, lit by Hope's Eternal Flame

Narrator's POV

Soon Funneh, Lunar and the Spider Goons started traveling again, but this time Adira had joined them to help look for the rest of the Monkie gang and the Krew. They had been traveling through the forest for hours as they were all exhausted except Adira as she was used to traveling for a long time. "So... What is this other artifact you need for the Elemental Staff of Might?" Adira asks and then Funneh pulls out the book from her bag and shows Adira the page as she says "We need to find a gem of ice lit by hopes' eternal flame".

This surprised Adira as she took the book and started looking through the page before saying "I'm surprised that a gem of ice is required for the staff" and this caught everyone's attention as Spider Queen asked "Do you know where it is?" and Adira shakes her head as she says "No, I do not" and this makes the group lower their heads while Funneh looks away with her arms crossed as she looks like she was ready to cry, but refuses to show it.

"But..." Everyone lifted their heads and looks at Adira as she said "I know someone who does".

The Next Day

It was morning and from the distance is a small building by some snowy mountains that the group could see from afar.

"That's it" Adira said and Funneh looks at her in disbelief as she asked "You mean we traveled all night for this? What kind of gem dealer is he?" and Adira sighs as she starts to say "Okay, it doesn't look like much, but he's a

"That's it" Adira said and Funneh looks at her in disbelief as she asked "You mean we traveled all night for this? What kind of gem dealer is he?" and Adira sighs as she starts to say "Okay, it doesn't look like much, but he's a..." but was cut off when Ender jumped in her arms, surprising her "Whoa there, fuzzball!" and Ender barks happily and then Adira places him down before saying "Ferris calls himself a 'trader of fine objects'. I call him a thief... but if there's one thing Ferris knows, it's jewels".

The group enters the store as Lunar calls out "Hello. Anybody home?" and then an old man comes up to the counter as he has tan skin and grey hair, he has a mustache and beard and he is also wearing glasses as one of the lenses acts as a magnifier. "How can I help such a lovely young lady?" The man asks sweetly before Adira comes over and says "Drop the act, Ferris. We're here on business" and the man known as Ferris says in surprise "Adira! It's been many years, my friend".

"I didn't know we were friends" Adira said while crossing her arms. "Are you still harboring a grudge?" Ferris asked and Adira shot back "Are you still selling things that aren't yours?" and this made Ferris quiet for a moment before asking "So, what are you in the market for today?" and then Syntax, who is standing next to Lunar says "A rare gem" and Ferris says "Ah! You've come to the right place. A gift for the lady?" and holds out a box with an engagement ring inside as he asked while gesturing both Syntax and Lunar "Do I hear wedding bells in the future?" and this made Syntax and Lunar look at each other before exclaiming along with everyone else "No!".

Lunar quickly says "You've got the wrong idea" and while Syntax says "You're way off" and then Funneh adds "Yeah! Besides, my sister already has someone!" and Lunar slightly glared at Funneh before looking back at Ferris and explained "We're looking for something special. A gem of ice, lit by hope's eternal flame" and Ferris thought for a moment before saying "I may have heard of it" and Adira asked "And?" and then Ferris adds "I may not" and then Spider Queen asked with a glare "Which is it?" and Ferris then says "Perhaps a trade with refresh my memory. Let's say, two swords" and then gestures Adira and Funneh's swords.