𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Waking up to the dim lights in the hospital room and being covered in bandages tears began to fall down her face as she remembered the collision she was involved in with another car on the way to her apartment

Waking up to the dim lights in the hospital room and being covered in bandages tears began to fall down her face as she remembered the collision she was involved in with another car on the way to her apartment. Seeing the whiteboard explaining her injuries she shook her head in disbelief as she read the following injuries - mild concussion, broken ribs, fractured arm, and regular cuts.

Getting a call from Zane she hesitated before answering the call. "Sierra?" Hearing his voice again after months of not seeing or hearing from him her face lit up like a little girl on a Christmas night. "Zane I-I'm in the hospital."

"I know ma I'm on my way to you right now. How you feeling right now, You want me to bring you something soft to eat ma?" Hearing he was deeply concerned and wanted to be here for her right now made her feels about him change.

"Yes please the food here tastes disgusting" Sierra expressed as she scrunched her face in disgust.

"What you want I'm right here by Canes, Bk, and Chipotle?" Zane explained

"Canes and you already know what I like."

"Mama you so picky I barely know what to get you." Rolling her eyes at him through the digital screen she examined her broken white French tips that only had two nails left and thought to herself that she needed to get her nails done soon.

"I want the chicken tenders and Texas toast. Make sure you get me something to drink Z" She made clear.

Laughing through the phone he let out a small sigh as he realized how much he's been missing Sierra and he hated that she was even in this position right now because if she stayed with him he would've always made sure to keep her safe.

"Ight ma ima get yo food then heading to you." Saying goodbye and then hanging up she saw a text from her mother saying she was flying in New York this week to be with her after hearing about Sierra's car accident.

Replying with an Ok she used her weak arms that trembled as she pushed herself back in the bed and continued to watch 'Hey Arnold' on the wall-mounted small TV as she waited for Zane.

12:41 Am

Drifting off from the pain medication the nurse gave her for her fractured arm she slowly awoke as she felt Zane placing a pair of kisses onto her forehead. Noticing his hair wasn't in braids and was blown out she ran her hand through his head and smiled.

"I missed you Z" Looking him in his eyes for a response back she could tell he wanted to say he missed her back but he didn't and Sierra didn't understand why he acted this way towards simple affection with her.

Sierra had missed Zane more than she could probably even express but what she didn't miss was the fact each time she saw him, memories of him with another woman filled her head, and as much as she tried to act like things between them were all peaches & cream and forget about the past she couldn't help but wonder why...