𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐗𝐕𝐈

11:23 amDeeply engrossed in watching an episode of 'Martin' when the unexpected knock at her door made her jump

11:23 am
Deeply engrossed in watching an episode of 'Martin' when the unexpected knock at her door made her jump. Sierra quickly paused the show, pulling back the cozy blanket from her legs and getting up from the couch. Curiosity piqued as she made her way to the door.

Peeking cautiously from behind the curtains, she saw a random white male standing outside. He had a sassy demeanor, propping one hand on his hip while nonchalantly examining his nails with the other. Sierra took a moment to compose herself before calmly addressing him, "Um hello Sir? How may I help you?"

The man corrected, "I prefer 'ma'am,' but I don't know if that's your car or what, but if it is, could you please move it? Please and thank you... new neighbor!" He glanced inside and noticed a box with Sierra's belongings, evidence of her recent move.

Suppressing her irritation, Sierra put on a fake smile and stepped outside. Her smile, however, faded as she saw the white, expensive vehicle parked in the driveway. Scrunching her face in confusion, she carefully inspected the car and found a note with her initials, SW, boldly placed on the armrest. She opened the already unlocked door and discovered a note from Zane.

Reading the heartfelt note, Sierra's expression softened, and a small smile formed on her face. She appreciated the gesture, even though she was still upset with him for reasons she hadn't forgiven. She rubbed her hands across the steering wheel as she thought to herself if he really was starting to feel the pain he had caused upon himself.

"This man is really crazy." She lowly mumbled.

Though her mood had lightened, Sierra remained resolute. She wouldn't let Zane's gifts persuade her to welcome him back into her life so easily. However, she decided to keep the car. She started it up, savoring the satisfying rumble of the engine, and parked the vehicle securely in her garage before returning to her house.

Picking up her phone from the couch, Sierra realized she had received numerous missed calls from Zane. With a sigh, she decided it was time to acknowledge his gesture and put an end to the persistent calls. As she dialed his number, Zane instantly answered.

"You like it huh, ma?" He questioned.

Rolling her eyes, Sierra replied, "Yes, Zane. Thank you."

A soft laugh emanated from the other end, but Sierra wasn't about to be easily swayed. "I see you moved too," Zane observed, concern lacing his voice. "That's nice and all, but I just hope ain't no nigga innat bitch, Sierra."

Sierra's mood soured at the mention of her new home and someone in it. "Zane, please... Thank you for the car again, and have a good—"

"Ight hold on ma... I miss you?" Sierra took a deep breath, looking away from the phone. Her emotions were a jumble, and she hesitated before responding, "Zane—"

"I'm sorry, ma," Zane interjected sincerely. "I really am. You know I never meant to put my hands on you, Sierra. I know you mad at me, and I'll take that. I ain't even saying you gotta take me back, but just give a nigga one more chance and let me prove to you I ain't the shit you think I am."