𝟎𝟏𝟕: 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

2:20 pm"In a grim development," the news reporter somberly stated, "local authorities are reporting the discovery of two lifeless bodies inside a red truck that seemed to later have caught on fire over here on 135th, and preliminary investigations...

2:20 pm
"In a grim development," the news reporter somberly stated, "local authorities are reporting the discovery of two lifeless bodies inside a red truck that seemed to later have caught on fire over here on 135th, and preliminary investigations suggest possible gang-related involvement."

Staring at the tv that was currently speaking of the killing that happened last night on Fox 9 News, King sucked his teeth in disappointment as he glanced at Zane who was unfazed by the news.

"Was they even the niggas you was looking for Zane?" King asked

Nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders and making an unfazed facial expression, Zane brought the lighter closer to the tip of his carefully rolled blunt, its fragrant contents awaiting the spark. As he ignited the lighter, the end of the blunt caught flame, crackling to life with an orange glow. Zane inhaled deeply, taking in the first puff of smoke, the tendrils of fragrant haze curling around him in the dimly lit room.

"I don't fucking know all Mack told me was it was some niggas that rep red and shit. And I just started blowing my shit when I saw red!" Zane explained as he threw his hand up using it to show how he positioned his gun and started shooting at the vehicle.

"Shii if you ask me I'm innocent.. Niggas needa learn to keep my name out they fuckin mouth and stand on shit they say they gon do." He added.

"No, you not getting the fucking point Zane! You not only just put yourself In a situation with niggas you don't know, You put yo family in danger too being fucking dumb!" King clarified.

"Fuck is you mad about King? you supposed to be behind my back supporting me on this shit not giving me a fucking pep talk! My momma and dad is DEAD I don't need no one to tell me what and what not to fucking do, Ight!" Zane shouted

"What the fuck you mean what I'm mad fah? Nigga I'm yo muthafucking brother! I care bout yo ass and you up here doing dumb shit! We ain't never just killed people who ain't did shit to us Zane! You ain't even think deep into who the fuck these niggas was!" King announced

Downing a shot of Hennessy, the fiery liquid burned on its way down, leaving a lingering warmth in Zane's throat. He sat there, transfixed by the TV, his eyes locked on the screen, as the news continued its grim report. The flickering images of police tape, flashing sirens, and the charred red truck filled the living room.

After the shot, Zane let out a dry laugh whilst he shook his head. "We? Nah, You! ain't never went around doing shit like that. But that's why we ain't the same people 'cause I ain't you nigga."

"Yeah Ight Zane. Talk to me when you sober cause I ain't doing this shit witchu." King said as he reached in his pocket for his lighter and stepped outside.

" King said as he reached in his pocket for his lighter and stepped outside