7| break

•Aria Marino•

I haven't been treated his relaxed in years. I haven't been back to Italy in years either. But right now I'm just calm. I have a few days before I actually have to go into the office, so Laura and I are unpacking things and getting our new apartment ready.

The apartment has a beautiful view, and it's pretty. It's very modern looking and neutral colors so there's a wide variety of decor options and it's just overall a great apartment. Laura got the bigger room but mine has bigger windows and it gets lots of sunlight and a bigger balcony that overlooks the beautiful street.

It's definitely a change from the US but it's a good change. I love Italy more than any other place in the world, and getting to work here is just a dream come true. It's my true home and I can't imagine myself this happy in any other place. Our hometown is only about 3 hours away from here, and the beach is only about one hour away.

As I set a small succulent on my bedside table, Laura walks into my room. I already have simple beige like curtains, a few plants, and some smaller decorations in my room as well as my bed already neatly done. "Dude I just woke up from the best nap I've ever fucking taken." Laura says, her voice raspy. She runs her fingers through her hair before continuing. "Can we go to the beach when you're done?" She asks.

"Sure. Just get ready and then we'll head out." She nods and leaves the room as I continue. I finish just a few things before packing a bag with a few necessities. I change into a better outfit and put two braids in my hair.

When I walk out, Laura is at the kitchen counter waiting for me. "Damn. No all black outfit? You're wearing actual light colors?" She teased and I rolled my eyes. I had an all black streak going but I'm not wearing all black to the beach so the blue floral skirt and white tank top will do.

I grab the keys to the rental car and we exit the apartment before heading down. We get into the car and begin the hour long drive to the beach. Personally, a lot of the beaches here are very touristy but that could be true of any beach in the world. Places like Cinque Terre especially, although it is very beautiful. Monterosso is specifically my favorite of all five of them but they are all amazing.

When we arrive, it's like a street with small shops along the way, and then a staircase of rock or stone that leads down to the actual sand and beach part. We go down and Laura takes off her cover, staying just in her bathing suit. "You're not gonna get into the water?" She asks and I shake my head, indicating no.

She nods and goes into the water, sitting on the ground where it's most shallow, so every time a wave comes, everything from her stomach down gets wet. I relax on the beach, laying on a towel when Laura calls my attention.

"Get into the water with me." She basically demands and I roll my eyes.

"I'll go up and buy a bathing suit somewhere I guess." I reply and she smiles before I begin to walk away. I go back up and go into a small shop. I buy a pink bathing suit and then go to some restroom to change.

I go back down to the beach and see Laura far into the ocean, near a shark. It looked like she was calling it over as if it was a fucking dog. I rolled my eyes and went in, only getting my feel wet and started calling her name.

"Laura! Stupida esci dell'acqua!" I yelled and she looked at me, sticking her tongue out. After a few minutes of me calling for her, she finally listened. (Laura! Stupid get out of the water!)

She came towards me, pouting with her arms crossed. "It was cute!" She says when she finally reaches me. I roll my eyes, grabbing her hand and pulling her more towards the sand.

After spending a few hours there, and eventually going into the water, we head back home. I made us dinner and then we got ready for bed. I sat on my balcony, looking out to the small street as small shops closed, people went in and out of stores, and a small club down the street had a line of people outside of it.

But even with all of this, it was calm. Nothing was hectic, no loud noises, not too many things happening. This move was definitely right for me, and I'm excited to see what comes of it.

•••••

very short chap but i've been really busy all week and it's really only a filler. there's stuff happening in the next few chapters and i'm excited abt it.

anyways bye bye

~elle 🌸