37| lifetime

•Matteo Rossi•

            Words I had never understood the meaning of, until she came into my life. Her soul, her name, her face, her heart, I have completely fallen for.
            She is the most precious, gorgeous human being on this planet. I love her and I know that will never change.
            Everything about her is perfect. Even her name is fucking perfect, because she is the melody that is stuck in my head all day and all night, all the time, not being able to get out. She's the air I need to breathe in order to survive because I don't know what I'd do without her. She has taken over my life, my heart, and my soul, and I don't want her to give them back to me.
            And as I hold her in my arms after dinner, after a long night of talking, she's fast asleep. She fits so perfectly in my arms, I can't dream of anything more perfect than this.
She moves around in her sleep, her head now completely pressed against me. She mumbles something, basically incoherent as she moves around, but then it becomes clear.
"I love you, honey," she mumbles, still completely asleep. And I know she is asleep because an adorable snore comes out as well seconds later. I chuckle softly so as to not wake her up.
My heart warms at her unconscious self. I know she loves me, because she shows me she does. But I also know her well enough to know that she thinks things will spiral downhill if she tells me she does. In her mind, those words coming out of her mouth are a vocal confirmation to 'the universe' that she is finally happy and it would take that happiness away from her. Those are completely her words, not mine.
If only you were awake, melodia mia.

•••••

Sofia is laughing at me as she finally saw the video Allegra took of Aria and I while on the plane. Turns out, Aria is not the only one that has the tendency to talk in her sleep a little bit.
"You're so cute when you sleep," Aria says to me. Her legs are rested on top of mine as her back is leaned on the couch. We are all going to brunch at some fancy restaurant close to here, but it is still quite early in the morning and not everyone is awake yet.
"Cute is not the right word," Alessandro says, walking into the room. I roll my eyes at him and pull Aria closer to me.
Just then, Laura and Allegra come running into the house, throwing doors open and out of breath as if they ran here. "We have something to tell you guys," Allegra says as they finally take a proper breath of air.
"We're getting married!" Laura says excitedly. Everyone stops what they're doing and starts yelling. Even Aria jumps off of me and the couch and runs to her sister.
            They're both jumping and screaming, then they hug each other. I stand up and walk over to Allegra who is hugging Alessandro.
            I hug her too, congratulate both of them which they thank me for, then Aless gets everyone's attention.
            He points a finger at me and says, "They met and started dating after you guys and are already engaged. When the fuck are you gonna get married?"  he calls out.
"When Aria is ready," Sofia says softly, walking up and hugging Allegra. "We all know Matteo is ready."
I look over to Aria and see her looking at the floor. Although Sofias statement is partially true, I know Aria doesn't like hearing it. She feels that she's delaying me and that it's all on her to decide when we get engaged and there's this pressure on her to speed up and she feels that way every time someone tells her that I am ready to get married. She's told me that it makes her upset to think that I may be annoyed that we aren't moving faster.
I wrap an arm around her, pulling her all the way to me and pressing a kiss on her head. She looks up at me, smiling, then leans her head on me.
           About five minutes pass when Laura and Allegra pull me aside into the hallway to talk to me.
           "I told her," Allegra says to me, gesturing to Laura. "about the mafia." she clarifies with a whisper.
            I let out a sigh as well as let my head drop forward. I knew they would have to find out sometime I just wasn't ready for it to be now just when everything was going amazing.
            "Listen," Laura begins, "I don't care about it. I'm not surprised by it. If anything, I suspect it for a while, but I know Aria will care. She is blinded by the fact that she trusts you so she doesn't think it's you. But I know her probably better than anyone and I know that she won't quit her job for you. I know she loves you, but she already is under the impression that she is a disappointment to our parents, so if she quits her job just because of who you are, mom will completely attack her and I know she won't be okay."
            Laura pauses and Allegra begins speaking. "Matteo, it's been months, I think you should tell her."
           "What if she breaks up with me?" I ask, almost wanting to cry. And I never cry, I refuse to. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. She's my first love. First and only. There is no one else ever, only her. There's no replacing her, no one even remotely similar to her. She is one in 8 billion.
            She is the sun, the moon, the stars, and everything else making up my entire universe. She is it for me, everything. The good and the bad and everything in between and I want this. Us. Forever.
             Laura sighs. "I'm going to be honest, she might. But you guys are going to get back together. We all know it. I have told her time and time again that I know she hates her job and it doesn't make her happy, but I know that you do. So if I can make her realize that our parents don't fucking matter and she would be an idiot for choosing a job she hates over a man she loves, I know you guys will end up together." Laura explains. "I also swore omertà. I genuinely don't give a fuck. We're in Italy, there's no escaping the mafia." she says before walking away.
             I chuckle. She isn't wrong.
After another while, everyone leaves to get ready and if they don't leave, I basically kicked them out so I could have alone time with Aria.
           I don't know what to do. I can't tell her yet. I need to be able to enjoy this vacation with her, and I can't do that if she's mad or breaks up with me.
          And if she wants to break up with me. Fuck I don't think I could handle that. I might just fucking murder someone.
          "Hi honey," she walks into our room excitedly, running up to me and sitting on my lap. I wrap my arms around her, placing a kiss on her lips. "Can you do a face mask with me?" she asks. I nod softly. She places a kiss on the same scar as always. On my jawline. She gets up and walks into the bathroom, coming back quickly.
           She straddles my lap, beginning to apply the pink face mask. She's so concentrated, she's biting her bottom lip. But I just stare at her as I admire her beauty. She's so perfect- I just can't. There's no way to even explain it, she's just.. so beautiful and gorgeous and pretty and sweet and I just can't get enough of her.
When she's done, she just stares at me for a few seconds. "You're so pretty," she says softly, staring at me.
She hugs me tightly around the torso, resting her head on my chest, tucked under my chin. I kiss the top of her head. "I love you, sweetheart," I mumble, hugging her back.
"I love you, honey," she says. But she's awake.
I pull away, looking at her in shock. "But I thought you-" I begin, and this time she's the one cutting me off.
"I am ready. I know why you think I'm not but really I am, I promise. You are the most perfect, sweet, gorgeous and amazing human being. There's no way I couldn't fall in love with you." She says sweetly. I feel my heart swell with joy, this new feeling I have never experienced being nothing but enjoyable.
            I take her in my arms again, maybe squeezing her a little too hard. She looks up at me and kisses me, then kisses my jawline scar.
            She asks for help to apply her face mask and I do help her, just using my finger to put it onto her face, around the areas it shouldn't be on.
We go into the restroom and she takes pictures of us. I love having pictures of her on my phone. I have pictures of her had my phone wallpaper, in my office at the estate, at my office in some buildings, basically anywhere, and usually next to flowers that she gives me. She makes me feel so special, I just can't describe it fully.
We wash off the face mask and get ready for brunch, meeting up with everyone soon.
Brunch goes good, having Aria by my side at all times. I just know I need to enjoy this before the truth comes out.

•••••

updating twice in two weeks is crazy for me. actually bonkers i haven't done it in so long
anyways hope everyone is having a good week 🤗
bye bye
~elle 🌸