8| job

•Matteo Rossi•
(Time skip)

It has been a while since the masquerade and everything has somewhat gone back to normal. Meeting after meeting, more contracts papers to sight, events to go to, missions to go on, it's all the same as it always has been.

I'm currently in a meeting with Andrej and we're discussing what happened at the ball. It wasn't that big of a deal, but there's still a few things to talk about.

"Business remains as usual?" He asks before taking a sip of his whiskey, then setting the cup down on the table which was between us.

"Sì. Same income, same outcome. Some people leave, we get new people. It's all the same." I replied and he nodded. He had a strange look on his face. Eyebrows furrowed, nose all weird and it looked as if he was about to accuse me of something.

He tapped his finger on the table twice before continuing. "And are these new people coming in trustworthy?" He asks skeptically. My eyebrows furrow the same way his did just a few moments ago.

"Well yes. We do everything to make sure of that. You know that." He nods, unbelieving.

He took a last sip of his drink before handing me a file. "Do with that as you will." He says before standing up and exiting the room, his men trailing behind him.

•••••

"That's not fucking possible, Matteo. You know that." Alessandro said, sitting back down at the chair across from me. After Andrej left, I called Aless into my office to discuss what the file had contained.

Aless was right. It's not possible. But we have to find out what this is about. A picture of the man at the masquerade, who shot at Andrej, with a tattoo of the symbol of the Italian mafia. Our mafia. "You're right Aless. It's not possible. Our men have tattoos but none of them are allowed to get that symbol tattooed. And they most certainly would not wear a mask while attacking."

"Yeah if you're going to do something do it with-" I cut him off.

"Don't say what I think you're going to say." I demand and he looks offended, even a hand on his chest. I know my brother well enough to know what stupid shit was about to come out to his mouth.

"I was only going to say pride." he responds defensively.

I give him a look that indicates that I know he is very clearly lying to me. I know exactly what he was going to say. "Sei un orribile bugiardo, fratello". (You are a horrible liar, brother.)

He sighs before admitting defeat "I was going to say 'if you're going to do something do it with balls.'" I roll my eyes at him before continuing to go through the file.

We don't allow them to get the symbol tattooed because it's way too easy to track if they were to get the tattoo. It's a fairly easily recognized symbol, so it'd be stupid for someone to get it permanently marked on their body. It seems very strict and rough, but all their tattoos have to get approved before actually getting them. And we never would have approved that, especially in such an obvious place. On the hand, right under the first knuckle of the thumb.

"So who the fuck is it? This could cause problems with Andrej again, after all that happened because of the DeMarco I don't want to deal with that bullshit again." Alessandro stressed very loudly. I rolled my eyes at him before continuing with the file.

When he needs to be loud he shuts his mouth but when he's getting on my nerves is when he chooses to use that annoying ass voice of his to be loud as fuck.