11| lover

Aria Marino•
W/ slight mature content

I woke up at least ten times more comfortable than I usually do... I don't think this is my bed. My eyes open, the light coming in from the balcony that I failed to notice last night made everything in the room perfectly visible.

I woke up alone in the bed I shared with Matteo last night, and when I tried to move around, I realized just how sore I am. I got up from bed, slowly walking over to the restroom. After doing what I had to do, I started to gather my things.

I assume Matteo already left to work or something, so I am going to call an uber to go home. Then I hear some random noises coming from outside the room, so I quickly go to check and make sure it's actually Matteo. Although in this building it's probably hard to break in. It has crazy security entering, and then also specific access to the elevator and this apartment is on the top floor. I know barely anything about Matteo, but whatever life he's lead has to be some interesting shit to be living in a place like this now.

I follow the sound, leading me to the kitchen where I see Matteo cooking. His back is turned to me, toward the stove and oven. I walk up beside him, placing a hand on his back as a small hug. He flinches a bit, then likes over at me and smiles. "Buongiorno, melodia." He says, then places a small kiss on my cheek.

I love that he calls me that. I don't actually know why he calls me it, but I think it's cute. Well yesterday on the way here we were listening to 'Dark Paradise' by Lana Del Rey. Possibly the best lyric from that song is "And there's no remedy for memory, your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head." I doubt it has something to do with that though. Maybe I'll ask him about that.

"Buongiorno." I reply, doing the same to him. "What are you making, carino?" I asked and he smiled.

"Some french toast, eggs, and bacon. I also made some coffe. I don't know if you like that, so I can also make tea, and I believe there's some juice in the fridge." He explains and I smile at him.

"Coffee is good. I'm going to get changed because I need to be home by 12 with my sister." I explained and he nodded, flipping over a piece of toast and moving around some bacon that was on the pan. He opened the oven and I saw something in it that smelled literally amazing.

"Oh yes and I made cinnamon rolls." he said. This is the most beautiful man I have ever seen.

"When did you have time to do that?" I asked, shocked.

"I've been awake for a while. And I very quickly learned that you sleep like the dead. You are very hard to wake up." He said. I get about 5 hours a night. Not healthy, but it's the best I can do. If anyone even tries to wake me up before then, I make no promises about the injuries I give, asleep or awake. "And don't change back into that dress, melodia. I called my assistant and he went out to buy you some clothes so you can go home comfortably."

Hottest thing ever.

"Thank you, carino, but you didn't have to do that. The dress was fine, I was just going to go home anyways." I replied. That was a lie. I have places to be, although it is not work, I still have things to do.

He smiles, his dimples showing. "It's fine, melodia. I don't want you to go home uncomfortable. Plus, we kind of got some things on that dress last night, so it'd really be best if you didn't go out in public with it on." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes but blushed when the memories of last night came rushing back to me. "Sit at the counter, the food is almost ready."

I complied, sitting at one of the stools. After a few minutes, he sets a plate down in front of me. A cinnamon roll, some french toast, two pieces of bacon, and some eggs. He sets down a cup of coffee, a container of creamer, and a small dish of sugar in front of me before sitting down next to me with his own plate.