21|double

•Aria Marino•

I just woke up from yet another nap. Dr. Moretti came back a few minutes ago and cleared me to go home, so I'm getting ready to leave. Which is pretty much just having Matteo call Laura because I apparently didn't grab my phone on the way out of the apartment so I left it there.
"You took pictures of me sleeping?" Matteo asks me, making me laugh. I look over to see him looking through his camera roll and starting to delete them.
"No don't delete them. You look so cute, send them to me please." I say and he sighs. I can tell he doesn't want to, but he looks up to see me smiling at him and he lets his head drop forward once more.
With another sigh of defeat, he nods. "Yes, melodia." he says and I smile again, leaning forward to place a kiss on his cheek, but miss when he moves his head. My lips land right on his and he pulls me closer.
Once we pull away, something pops into my head. "Where's my sister?" I ask him.
          "She is with Allegra, who is someone who works for me but she's basically family at this point. My mamma loves her, my brother and I treat her like a sister. Every time she gets a girlfriend, we go completely ballistic on her and she is my little sisters best friend. But anyways, are you ready to go, melodia?" he asks and I nod. I took my hoodie off so he folded it up and is now using it as a bed for the kitten. We still need to name this little shit.
          He carries her in his arms and just as we are about to walk out, the door opens to reveal a pretty woman standing there, a man by her side, both of them are pretty tall, and the mans eyes seem familiar. They're green, like Matteo's. Are these his parents?
          "Oh my goodness tesoro it is so nice to meet you! I am Felica, Matteo's mother." The woman says, confirming my suspicions before grabbing my face and kissing both of my cheeks. "You can call me mamma, everyone does. Even Allegra. Now are you feeling better? I heard you were sick, so I.." Matteo starts laughing, cutting her off.
          "Mamma, calm down. You are overwhelming her. She is doing a lot better, Dr. Moretti has already cleared her and I was just about to drive her home." he explains and she smiled widely at me. I look over at the man who has not spoken a word yet. He seemed to be very focused on Matteo's mother, not daring to lose her from his sight. Their dynamic was very noticeable.
          She was talkative and smiley, having a lot of energy. While he had not said a single word since the door opened, not even smiled a little bit. I looked back to Matteo's mother to see her still smiling wide. So that is where Matteo got his dimples.
          "Che bello che vada tutto bene! So did you enjoy the cookies, tesoro? I have not heard much about you, although in these last few weeks, my three children cannot seem to stop talking about you. And what is your name, tesoro?" she rambled once more, making me smile at the woman who seems so excited for my and her sons presence. She's so happy and every little thing delights her. I wish I had a mother like her growing up. (how good that everything is going well)
          "Oh my name is Aria." I say and she smiles widely once more.
          She grabs my hand in hers and begins to walk with me. "What a beautiful name. Let me walk you out, sì?" I nod at her and we continue walking and talking.
          I hear behind us, Matteo's voice. "Two seconds in and she already stole her away from me." his deep voice makes it sound unnecessarily aggressive.
          A similar voice responds, "She is excited you finally chose to find a partner to share a life with. Let her be excited. What the hell. Dove cazzo hai presso un gatto?" I chuckle at their conversation and continue walking with mamma. (where the fuck did you get a cat)
          Once we get outside, I see a black truck waiting there, and I see my sister walking with three other people from a distance. "Now, tesoro, take good care of yourself. I expect to see you back here soon, and when you do, I will come visit. If my son starts acting up, I want to know about it." I laugh at her words as Matteo and the man walk out as well. Their body language is the same. Their hands in their pockets, walking out confidently. Both of them looking incredibly stoic and in charge of everything. They seemed to be discussing something important but let the conversation stop when they reached us.
          Matteo placed a hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Melodia, this is my father, Riccardo. I believe he was too busy obsessing over my mother for him to introduce himself earlier." He jokes and I just smile. I shake his fathers hand as we hear a bunch of talking approaching us.
          "What the fuck are you talking about!" I hear another man's voice, who I think I remember as Matteo's brother, Alessandro.
          "What the fuck do you mean what the fuck am I talking about?" Laura questions back as they seem to be arguing about something, however not seriously.
          "Guys. Has it occurred to you in the entire fifteen minute walk from the house to here that it was never and will never be that serious?" a girl that I had never seen before asked. She had light brown hair and hazel eyes.  She was just about Laura's height and she looked similar to Matteo. I'm assuming that is his little sister.
          Next to them, was the blue haired girl from dinner a few nights ago. I assumed that was Allegra. "What are you guys even arguing about?" Matteo asked.
"Your brother.." Laura began, with a hint of annoyance and stuck her hand up, blocking Alessandro's face from her view ".. thinks that strangers to lovers is better than enemies to lovers. I bet he's also going to say that arranged marriage is better than forbidden love." what the fuck? She looked over to him and saw him with his lips thinned. "You can't be serious."
Book tropes are something my sister is very passionate about. "Look everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And my opinion is that you're wrong." Alessandro said. I laughed a bit before Laura looked at me accusingly and I stopped.
"I hope you all realize that Lia is right and it is not that fucking serious." Matteo says, a small grin on his face.
"Why are you smiling?" Alessandro asked Matteo who simply shrugged and went back to his normally gloomy disposition, glaring at everyone. Aless looked over to me and pointed. "You! You're corrupting him!" I giggled loudly. "Mamma I liked it better when it was emotionless can you switch it back please?" Aless looked over to mamma who was laughing as well. Riccardo seemed to be holding back a grin for a few seconds before quickly composing himself.
"No I cannot. And you know what is going to make you feel worse? Once he is like that, he is like that forever. There is no switching it back." Mamma said, making Alessandro groan.
Allegra seemed very shy today. She tapped on Laura's shoulder who quickly looked over to her. Allegra whispered something in her ear and Laura smiled widely at her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders.
We said our goodbyes finally and got into the truck. Matteo was driving and I was in the passenger seat, Laura got in the back and curiously, Allegra got in with her. Matteo passed the cat back to Laura and started the truck. He drove with one hand and held mine with the other.
Throughout the drive home, I noticed Laura and Allegra talking a lot in the back. Allegra was constantly blushing and Laura was constantly smiling. Definitely asking her about this later.
"The four of us should go on a double date." Laura blurted out and I almost choked on my spit.
Although I was taken aback, Matteo agreed immediately. He seemed happy and I didn't think the date was a bad thing I was just very shocked.
Once we got to the apartment, Matteo parked the car and walked me all the way there. He kissed my cheek. "I'll pick you up Saturday at 8?" he asked. I nodded and kissed him too.
          "Actually you're picking all of us up." Laura joked which made me smile.
           "How could I forget." Matteo replies.

•••••

          I have been back at home and at work for a few days already. I found out that I will be going on an undercover assignment soon which has been a very different thing for me. I have never been undercover before but some of the other agents are working with me on scripts and what to do so I think I will be okay.
          After Dr. Moretti gave me the medicine and cleared me, I felt a lot better so I went back to work the very next day.
          Things have been very weird with Flora but I just choose to avoid her whenever I can. When she gives me a dirty look, I just give one back or ignore her because it is not that serious and I don't even know specifically why she is upset with me.
          Now, I just got home from work about half an hour ago and I have to rush to get ready because Matteo will be here soon. Thankfully, I have had my outfit planned since the day I got back home. I rushed to shower, my hair was already curled, I got dressed, and now I am doing my makeup when I get a text from Matteo.

Matteo

Matteo: What are you going to wear, melodia?

Aria: it's a surprise.

Matteo: At least tell me what colors you are going to wear. Please??

Aria: pink and black

I sighed and just told him what colors I was going to wear. But why did he want to know?

Her outfit 🤗

          I did kind of a full face of makeup but I am not good at anything to do with eyeshadow so I just did winged liner

"Laura! Are you ready?" I called out for her. She mocks a runway walk into my room and twirls around to show her outfit.
"I was born ready, sorella." she says sarcastically, making me giggle. "Are you ready yet?"
I sighed as I grabbed the perfume bottle off of the vanity and sprayed myself behind the ears, on the wrists, on the neck, on my chest, and finally behind the ankles and knees. "Almost. I just have to add the finishing touches." I say, picking up my earrings and rushing to put them on
"Being straight seems so hard. I just flirted with her for a few hours and she wanted to go on a date with me. And now you're getting all fancy..." she trails off, flopping down on my bed and taking a second to see what I am wearing. ".. you're wearing pink." she says.
          "Yes. So?"
          "So you never wear pink. You always wear black and gray and potentially navy blue. Where did you even get this?" she asks, me a genuine look of concern on her face. She's being so dramatic. A new shirt is not that much of a change.
          "I've had it for a while, I just wanted to try something new. And it is not that serious, it's fun to have a colorful wardrobe." I said, finishing the last strap of my heel. She smiled widely at me. "Anyways, they are going to be here any minute." We walked out of the room and made our way to the kitchen, sitting in wait until they arrived. Not even two minutes later, there was a knock at the door.
          I picked up my small purse as we both stood up and walked towards the door. I opened it to find Matteo and Allegra. He had a glare on his face, as if it is so common for him, Allegra seemed like she was hiding behind him.
          Laura walks out before me, going straight to Allegra. "Hi baby!" she says excitedly, kissing her on the cheek, and then going for a hug. Allegra blushes and smiles, returning the hug as well as the kiss.
          I look back at Matteo and notice his outfit. A pink button up shirt and black pants. I gasped, "We're matching?" I smiled up at him and he finally broke, a small smile breaking out on his face. "You're so cute." I squeal as I hug him, kissing his cheek.
          He chuckles, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling our bodies closer together. "You look beautiful, melodia." He says. I smile at him again and he walks us down to the car.

•••••

first date will be in HIS pov 🫶

~elle 🌸