23| nap

•Aria Marino•

I groaned when my mother showed up at my apartment without warning and knocked on my bedroom door, waking me up once more. I had just fallen asleep less than an hour ago after having woke up in the middle of the night and not being able to fell back asleep.
"Aria! Come on, I am heading to the airport!" she says, making me jump out of bed. She was already leaving and she had not done anything absolutely horrible on her time here? That seemed amazing.
          I opened my bedroom door, allowing her entrance into the room. She hugged me and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek, but then sat down on the bed with me. I was confused as she said she was heading to the airport, and her luggage was right outside my room.
          "I just want to talk to you for a bit." She said, seeing the confused look on my face. "We just did not get to talk much on my trip here, I know it was quick and sudden. But I wanted to talk to you about Matteo." My eyes widen at her request. She had met him once and we had not even talked about him. What could she even want to talk about him?
          "What about Matteo?" I asked.
          She fully turned towards me, reaching her hands towards mine but I backed away. "I just don't want you to be with him." My eyebrows furrowed. Of course she didn't. She approves of every horrible person but disapproves of the one person who shows he cares and makes time for me. "I did a bit of research and found out of his public figure. Aria he does not have a good reputation when it comes to women. He has only ever dated around, never anything official or serious, and he is already twenty seven years old! And he is a businessman, those are not known to be very loyal. Business trips include other women, or their assistants who are more than their assistants." she says, suggestively.
          I chuckled mentally. She was not completely wrong, and my trust issues are up in fucking heaven, a lot of them thanks to her. But his 'assistant' is a lesbian girl who is dating my sister, and his most trusted person is his married brother.
          "I can take care of myself." I replied to her, getting up off of the bed to create more distance between us. She suddenly cared about me and it was making me very uncomfortable. She usually never did. I could not recall a time in my two and a half decades of life that she had said 'I love you' without it being out of pity. And even then, it was only once, after I was traumatized again. "He cares and we spend time together." I mumbled, defending him. "But I know if something happens, then I can take care of myself. I will be fine." I continued, knowing full well that it was still a possibility. You can spend years with someone and yet never truly know them.
          She nodded and stood, staying by the foot of the bed. "I know you can, I just wanted to mention that. I didn't know if you knew about his reputation, or anything like that." she said. I just nodded. "Sorry to leave you on this dull note. Stay safe, okay?" I nodded and she kissed my forehead. I let her hug me before she walked out. "Bye Aria."
          "Bye mom." I walked her out of the apartment with Laura. She waved at us before we closed the door behind us. "Is it weird that she suddenly cares?"
           Laura shakes her head indicating no. "She told me that she wants grandchildren but she doesn't want you to end up like her and dad. Basically she wants you to get pregnant from a non-asshole rich guy. Low chance of that happening if you ask me. All rich people are assholes." She says, walking away from me and back to her room. Wow thanks Laura.
          I went back to my room and threw myself on my bed. It was already past 8 a.m. Usually after the sun rises I could not go back to sleep and today seemed to be the same. I picked up my phone to maybe scroll through Instagram or watch a movie, but saw I already had a text from Matteo.

Matteo

Matteo: Buongiorno melodia. Come tu hai dormito??

Aria: buongiorno caro. bene, è ti??

Matteo: bene. are you busy today?

Aria: not at all, are you??