4| trouble

•Matteo Rossi•

"I am not stressed, mamma. I do not need to take
a vacation or a few days off. I am fine." I said to my mother as she tried to convince me that I work too hard and I deserve a break.

She sighed. "Matteo you've been working everyday from 6 am to 10 pm. It's not healthy. There's meeting after meeting, all of the paperwork. You're the boss. You call the shots. You can rearrange whatever you want to your schedule. Hell, you could send someone in for you if you want to skip a meeting and no one would question it." She tries to reason with me but there's always something new to deal with.

As soon as she's done talking, someone knocks on the door of my office. I yell for them to come in and the door opens to reveal a guard. "Capo, Interpol has tried to hack our servers to get information again." He says. I give my mother one last look before exiting the room alongside the guard.

"Were they successful?" I asked as we went down the stairs and soon exited the house. He handed me a file, which was quite small, of all the things they managed to get.

I chuckled as I read the file. It wasn't a lot and the information was not that important but this is still an issue that can cause a lot of trouble. They should not be able to hack us at all. "As you can see, just a bit successful. But Ms. Cappola is working on it right now. She asked me to bring you in personally because it's all technical words that she thought I would forget" He said.

I nod as we walked to the office building where Allegra is stationed. When we make it to her office, I can see her typing away while aggressively chewing on a blue shark gummy. She uses the rolly chair to get from keyboard to keyboard, using multiple monitors and computer pc's at the same time.

"How are you doing on this, Allegra?" I asked as she finally realized we had entered the room.

"You know I don't play, Capo. I have all my monitors completely jacked up in this situation. I placed a time delay to delete information. As I've explained to you before, I can't delete all of the things they have on us, or even a lot of it, because even with a reroute, they would be able to trace it back to us and find the location because that's a good chunk of things to delete and that takes a lot of time." She starts explaining. She's said it before but my brain just can't keep up with her sometimes.

"Sì, sì, all things that make me think you're not human because how do you keep all that information in your brain. Keep going though." I said and she laughed, as did the guard but he tried to hide it.

She continued typing for a fue seconds before turning her attention back to us. "Okay so with this time delay, not only will it delete a select amount of information, but it will delay it. So basically, it will just say it is loading for a long time but what's really happening is that the information is being deleted but they won't even know until well after it's done. And since only a small amount is being deleted, it will seem like it came from inside the system itself. Which also means someone might be getting fired from Interpol for deleting information they did not actually delete." She says the last part quietly as if she didn't want us to hear it.

"And when you say 'long time', estimate how much time. Is it a big delay for them?" I ask and she nods, continuing to type before pressing one last key and then slumping down in her chair, seeming exhausted.

"It's only about thirty minutes but that's a while when you think about it because then actually having to realize that the information is gone and then them spending time to try to get it back or thinking it's a mistake. It's a pretty long setback." she explains making me nod. She takes another shark gummy and aggressively chomps off half of it. "You're a lot of work to protect, Capo." She says as she lets out a long breath.