What It Means To be Beautiful

[5367 words]

Naruto sleeps outside after training so hard very early in the morning. A 'girl' grabbing plants and herbs sees him laying there with nothing but birds all on top of him while he sleeps peacefully.

Sakura wakes up stretching her arms yawning a 'goodmorning' while she approaches the table. They serve her breakfast and shows a 'thank you.' Tazuna looks up from the table to ask Kakashi a question of where Naruto is.

"Naruto's not here? Looks like he was out all night again."

Sakura sucks her teeth at the thought of Naruto's recklessness.

"He's gone completely crazy. He's out climbing trees in the dark. He could be dead by now. You know? From using up too much of his chakra."

Sasuke snaps his eyes at Sakura taken back by her choice of words. He thinks about what he said to him last night.

*Look at you, trying to kill yourself just to beat me. How pathetic.*

The thought of Sasuke's words from last night leaves his chest to burn. He instantly regrets what he said wanting to take it back but knows that he can't, since the damage is already done. He just hopes to god that nothing has happened to him out there. He would never forgive himself if he got hurt all because of what he said when he really was just teasing him. Tsunami comes to the table to bring the food.

"Well I certainly hope he's okay. A child spending the night in the woods alone."

Kakashi just gives her a small smile to indicate it'll be fine.

"There's nothing to worry about. Naruto's a good kid, but he's also a full fledged Ninja, he can handle himself."

Sasuke starts to worry even more because of what Tsunami said. Even though he's a Ninja he's still a kid and not a very smart one at that. He hates that he didn't even know Naruto snuck out and was outside all by himself at night time. All he wants to do now is check on him the more he thinks about it.

"No, Sakura's right. Naruto's such a loser He's probably really lying out there dead somewhere and we don't even know."

Sasuke starts clenching his fist just from his own words coming out of his mouth. He finally gets up from his seat with no hesitation and begins walking towards the door to look for him. Sakura turns to look over at Sasuke walking out not really wanting him to leave.

"Sasuke?"

"I'm going for a walk."

"Uh... but we just started eating?"

He still proceeds ignoring her and walks out when she looks at his plate and sees it's completely empty. She remembers the food was served as soon as she sat down which was no longer than 2-5 minutes ago.

"Well damn that was fast."

What she doesn't know is as soon as Sasuke heard Naruto's been out all night by himself he started eating faster out of anxiety for his well being. But of course she cares to much about his attention that she wouldn't have been able to figure that out.

Back outside where Naruto is still sleeping peacefully, the 'girl' that was there is now hovering over him looking to wake him up but is hesitant. Once she makes up her mind she begins shaking him.

"You'll catch a cold if you sleep here, wake up."

Naruto groans and shifts a little before finally opening his eyes and seeing her. He sits up and starts rubbing his eyes before focusing on the person in front of him.

"Who the heck are you?"

She smiles a small one but very gentle and kindly genuine. Naruto gets flustered seeing as the 'girl' in front of him is actually very pretty.