My Weakness Is Knowing You Like I Do

[6955 words]

Regular POV

The students that passed the first part of the exam got took by Anko to start the second part. They all stand in front of the gate waiting for Anko to start her introduction.

Naruto looks up, across and all around beyond the gates to see what he'll be up against. Sakura starts rubbing her hands together getting nervous just from the thought of going in the forest.

"This whole place just completely creeps me out!"

Anko starts smirking and chuckles at Sakura's nervousness.

"It should! They call it the forest of death, and soon enough you're gonna find out why."

Naruto squints his eyes at Anko not buying her intimidation.

"tHeY cAlL iT tHe FoReSt Of DeAtH, aNd SoOn EnOuGh YoUr GoNnA fInD oUt WhY! Do your worst! You're not gonna scare me away!! I can handle anything!!"

Sasuke slaps Naruto's shoulder trying to hold in his laughter.

"Usuratonkachi! Stop being so childish!"

Sakura laughing joins in putting her hand on Sasuke's shoulder.

"Oh come on you gotta admit that was pretty funny!"

Sasuke still chuckling just rolls his eyes. Anko feeling embarrassed at Naruto making fun of her decides to scare him a little bit.

"So... looks like we got ourselves a tough guy."

She sends her kunai flying towards Naruto grazing his cheek then quickly appears right behind startling him. Sasuke and Sakura jump at her quickness.

"You tough enough to handle this? You're not afraid are you?"

She grabs Naruto's face and starts wiping the blood off of his cheek with her index finger smirking.

"Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over this forest."

Sasuke starts getting irritated at Ankos boldness towards Naruto that he tries to stop the situation right then and there. But as soon as he steps forward another Ninja intervenes. Sasuke grabs his kunai and puts it up to the Ninjas neck when she puts her hands up in defense. Sasuke just glares at her getting ready to interrogate.

"What's your deal?"

"Now now, don't be like that little one... I was just returning this back to lady Anko that's all."

She sticks her tongue all the way out like a snake to pass the kunai over to Anko. She gives her a fake smile before letting go of Naruto.

"Why thank you grass Ninja."

Sasuke puts his kunai down from the Ninjas neck and grabs Naruto's arm pulling him towards him.

"You okay?"

Naruto softly smiles but then sweat drops.

"Yeah I'm fine but um... Sasuke?"

"Hm?"

"Your hurting me..."

Naruto points down towards Sasuke holding tightly onto his forearm. Sasuke's eyes go wide and he quickly lets go. He knew he was tense but he didn't think it was bad enough to not be aware of hurting Naruto.

"Sorry."

Naruto chuckles and rubs his arm.

"It's fine."

Sakura walks up to Naruto to see if he's okay as well.

"You okay Naruto?"

He nods his head reassuring her as she crosses her arms in disbelief.