003

SAME NIGHT...

📍Oakridge, Stillwell• St Andrew
7:40PM

📍Oakridge, Stillwell• St Andrew 7:40PM

AZARO RONALDO BILLINGS | 18

"Why mi affi bring her? She underage enuh" I complain to my mother who has been persistent on me letting Zy tag along with me.

"He never wants to take me anywhere with him" she pouts, trying to play the victim card so she'd take her side.

From she start walk mi nuh like her enuh.

"Tru yah informa" Gio chimes in, eating from the bag of fruit snacks he found in the fridge.

"Yuh chat too much Giovanni! Gwaan a yuh yard nuh!" she fusses at him.

"Uno calm down.. Zaro, why yuh nuh waah bring her?" Mommy ask.

"She a 14. She naav school tomorrow?"

"Don't you have school tomorrow?" she questions back and I kiss my teeth.

Yeah, but me a man. She a kid.

"Suppose mi see a girl mi like and she woulda gi me piece? Plan mash up right desso because mi responsible fi likkle sister" I say the raw truth.

Mommy know mi nuh fraid fi talk. Mi draw the line when it comes to using expletives around her though and certain behavior.

She still see me as innocent. Nah fuck up that.

"That a the last ting yah go do. A wah do him aunty?" Gio laughs, nudging her.

"Mi nuh know who him think him a fool" mommy agrees, both of them laughing.

I may or may not be picky about who I sleep with. Mi nuh know how some man run dung sex and inna competition fi see who sleep wid the most a Jamaica.

2 body mi have and mi nuh feel no way fi say it.

"Watch yah nuh, mi ready fi cut. Later mumz" I walk out the livingroom after kissing her cheek.

"Since you didn't want me to come with you, I'll go with Gio"

"After mi nuh waah bring yuh either" Gio answers, the three of us leaving the house, both of them trailing behind me bickering as I walk to my car.

Ignoring them, I spot the gate opening, my father driving in parking beside me. The windows tinted pitch black, I couldn't see inside the car.

The passenger door opened first, Romari exiting, a KFC bag in hand as he used his foot to close the door.

"Aye bwoy! Nuh put back yuh foot pon mi car" our father got out the car next, glaring at him.

He had a big bottle of Pepsi in hand, his eyes instantly going to me as Mari went inside.