057

** 3 DAYS LATER **

DECEMBER 27, Tuesday
📍Sovereign Center, Liguanea
10:53AM

DECEMBER 27, Tuesday📍Sovereign Center, Liguanea10:53AM

AZARO RONALDO BILLINGS | 21

Staring at Reign seated, quietly eating her ice cream from Tutti Frutti, her eyes roamed her surrounding as she lifted the spoon from the cup to her mouth.

The curious look on her face everytime someone passed by where we're seated made me smile.

"You almost done?" I ask, her head snapping to face in front her so she could look at me.

"Yes.. I'm full, but gram-ma says to always finish food" she spoke, a small frown now on her face.

Love dah likkle girl yah like she a mine. Jah know.

"I won't tell her if you don't" I say and she immediately started smiling, putting the spoon in the cup.

"Our secret?" she asked and I nod while standing up, walking to where she was and helped her down from the chair.

She held her pinky out to me and I chuckle lowly, locking my pinky with hers to seal our pinky promise.

"Can I look at waterfall?" she asked, her eyes now locked on the small waterfall behind the elevator and I nod.

She ran off towards it as I pick up the cup she was eating from to dispose of it. Keeping my eyes on her, she kept her distance from the water, but still seemed so intrigued by it.

I try to spend as much time with her as possible when I'm in Jamaica. Fill in as a father figure. She's now 4 and she somewhat understands I'm not her real father, but she says she still wants to refer to me as that and I don't mind.

She knows her mom is "gone", and Romello's mother did a good job explaining everything to her.

Might file fi her if mi mek the final decision fi stay overseas after mi leff school... even though we get the paperwork that her grandmother is her legal guardian.

Glancing at the time on my phone, it showed 2 minutes to 11. Have her from yesterday. I'm supposed to drop her back home tomorrow.

Someone bumping into me from behind, I felt a splash of liquid on my jacket and I turn around, my eyes going to the kfc drink spilled on the floor before slowly drifting to the girl standing in front me.

Box her dung enuh.

"I'm so sorry.. I was looking at my phone and I didn't see you.." she starts apologizing and I ignore her, turning around to check where Reign was and she was still standing in place.

"Yuh gov.." I turn back to the girl, lifting my arm and pulling the side of my jacket more around to the front to see how badly it was wet.

"It's not that bad.. You can have my napkin" she started frantically digging inside the kfc bag, grabbing the fork and tearing the wrapper off to give me the napkin inside.