015

** FEW DAYS LATER **

OCTOBER 19, Saturday
📍Whitehall Avenue, St Andrew
8:15AM

OCTOBER 19, Saturday📍Whitehall Avenue, St Andrew8:15AM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 17

Staring at the plantains as they sizzled in the frying pan, I yawn ensuring to cover my mouth with my free hand while using the fork to turn them

I'm tired, but I'm hungry and I refuse to sleep on an empty stomach.

Shifting my weight on one leg, I kept my eyes focused on the pan, wishing they would fry faster.

Bet seh if mi never did a look, dem woulda start burn.

"Cyah fry one egg fi me?" Tey entered the kitchen, scratching her hair through her bonnet and i didn't even respond, removing the plantains from the frying them adding them to the paper towel covered plate.

Turning the stove off, I walk to the pantry taking out the bread getting two slices for myself before removing the shredded cheese from the fridge.

"That would be so good with an egg.. yuh just weird fi nuh eat egg" she watched as I made the plantain and cheese sandwich.

Cutting it into 4 slices, I drop the knife in the sink with everything else I used. I'll wash them after I'm done eating.

"Cyah mek mi tas—"

Walking pass her and exiting the kitchen, I went back to my room locking the door before getting in bed.

Getting comfortable, i unpause the movie playing on my laptop, picking up one of the 4 slices and bit into it.

All now mi nuh sleep. I've been up binge watching movies. Stress binging. School a mad me.. and other things.

I've been guilt eating too. Mi know mi supposed to gain weight between Wednesday and now.

I know what would've happened after telling my father about Jameel, but I still feel bad. Mi fraid fi ask if he killed or just hurt him badly.

He didn't come to school on Wednesday or Thursday, and he hasn't been active on any of his social media accounts and him is a boy weh love post.

..And mi Miss Azaro and cyah see him in person because his family ended up leaving for Negril yesterday evening because they wanted to be back in Kingston by Sunday night instead.

"Wahm to yuh?" I hear him ask and I look at my phone propped against my pillow, remembering we've been on video call all night.

"Nothing" I answer seeing him focused on something off camera.

"Deeven bathe yet. Mi soon fawud" he said to someone before I heard a door close and he brought his attention back to me.

"Yah eat?" he asked as I took a bite into another slice of sandwich after finishing the first one.